Monday, January 30, 2012

Weekend in Pictures

Our weekend was exactly what I needed. We spent the weekend at my parent's beach house with them and my younger sister. When I say we go to the beach house, it is very convenient. As in, it's a five minute drive over a bridge! Very nice for an easy getaway. We spent the weekend going out for nice dinners- once with Stephen's family and once with mine. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. Perfect for some shopping with the girls. This picture really doesn't do any justice, but I snapped it as we were going over the bridge in Emerald Isle- we ventured down that way for some shopping and lunch.


After we got back from shopping, my sister and I took our dogs out on the beach. There is something so therapeutic about the smell of salt air. Here's my sweet girl doing her best to pose. Yes, she has to be on a leash on the beach. Stephen and I made that mistake once and I thought I would never see her again as she bolted down the beach.


This is my sister's golden, Teddy. I've never seen a dog lie down and dig holes at the same time, but that is what he did. He's still quite the puppy and this was the least bit of sand that he had all day on his nose.


Last night we had another amazing dinner. This fresh crab dip came from a market that sells food from one of our favorite restaurants, Beaufort Grocery. We also picked up a frozen lasagna that you better believe I am fixing for dinner this week! 


I'm really hoping after being spoiled with 60 degree weather this weekend that we don't plunge into a really cold February. I have the itch more than ever for spring and summer! 
Hope y'all had a wonderful weekend!! xo.

13 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

You are making my mouth water with that crab dip! It looks absolutely delish! What a lucky girl you are to live so close to a beach house. ;)

XO,

Sam
www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

Courtney B said...

What a perfect weekend! We moved all weekend so I'm incredibly jealous of your perfect, relaxing weekend at the beautiful beach :)

pam {simple details} said...

Five minute drive...oh my goodness! Glad you enjoyed a little down time at the beach!

Shannon Marie said...

So glad you got some relaxation time in! I'm jealous of your 5-minute drive to the beach... I'll be in the same boat during my Spring Break trip! xo

Sarah said...

Sounds like you had the perfect weekend! and I can come to the beach house when??? ;)

CALLIE said...

oooo I want to be at the beach! Perfect weekend.

Meggan said...

what a great weekend! sometimes you just need an easy and quick getaway and a beach house is perfect for that! the crab dip looks amazing!! xoxo

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Looks like my kind of weekend! We are going to Emerald Isle in June! My inlaws just booked the house yesterday. I smell a blogger-date coming on!!

Ashley {styleash} said...

I'm so jealous you got to spend time at the beach- it looks like you had a lot of fun! Happy Monday! xx

Hilliary Meisner said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend! Lovely pictures!

Laura said...

Stunning photos - I wish I lived near a beach like that :)

Alexa said...

Ah the pups are just too darn cute!

Carly Haslee said...

This looks seriously fabulous!!! So happy to hear you had such a great weekend! Craving some sun right about now. xo