Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Recipe: Cake Batter Cookie

Happy Tuesday everyone! When I recapped my weekend yesterday, I completely forgot to mention the last minute cookies I decided to bake on Sunday afternoon. Every now and then I get the urge to bake, but that can be dangerous when it's just Stephen and I here to eat the sweets. Well anyway, these cookies are amazing and were so easy to make. Next time I need to bring a baked good for a party or food gift, I will be bringing these. Very few ingredients and little time.


Ingredients:
1 (18.25 oz.) box cake mix
1 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions: 
1- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2-In a medium bowl, stir together the cake mix and baking powder. Add eggs and oil, then mix until well blended. (It was a bit crumbly for me so I used my hands to really mix it well- it's not as smooth as typical dough.)
3-Stir in chocolate chips, or your choice of additions. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
4- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.

They do look amazing too and while mine are not in perfect round form, they are at least the same nice, light color. I think they would be great to bring a tray to a super bowl party this weekend too! I tried a Martha Stewart cake cookie years ago but I remember it being very involved and not so simple. Have you ever tried a cake batter cookie? I will be sending these to the office with Stephen today so we don't eat every single one! Hope y'all have a great day! xo.

14 comments:

The Sister Studio said...

Yummmmm!!! I am definitley going to make these cookies. :)

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

CALLIE said...

O my Yummmm!!! I will definitely be trying these out!

Amanda said...

Yum! I made chocolate crinkle cookies last night using cake batter. They turned out just okay. They taste good, but I've made better batches ;) These look absolutely delicious though!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

umm NOT helping my diet :)

eas said...

YUM! You're making me hungry! One of my favorite cookies (my girlfriend calls them Domestic Goddess cookies) mixes a cake mix, jar of peanut butter and choc chips-DIVINE and easy!

Hilliary Meisner said...

You had me at cake batter! These look and sound delicious!

Sarah said...

I recently made cake batter bars- they were so good! These look amazing too, Ill have to try these next time! I do the same thing- bake and then send it to the husbands office!

Laura said...

Yum they look delish! :)

Laura xo

erica said...

Now this is something I definitely need to make! xo

pam {simple details} said...

Yum!! You're right, perfect for this weekend, they look delish!

Amy {Fresh and Fancy} said...

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing!

Heather said...

These look AMAZING!

XO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

Courtney B said...

YUM! These sound amazing.... DEFINITELY pining the recipe :)

Jackie said...

Oh my god, these sound and look incredible, and easy! I am definitely making these very soon.