Thursday, May 7, 2015

One Room Challenge: BATH REVEAL

It's here! The reveal day of the One Room Challenge. If you are just joining me, here is a quick rundown: we decided to transform our hall bath that was in desperate need of updates. We have re-done the cabinet doors, added new faucets, lighting, hardware, mirrors and tile floor, and planked the walls. 

You can catch up easily right here:

I am thrilled at how our hall bathroom came together after a lot of time, hard work and thought. It definitely changed its course as I waffled back and forth on some design decisions, but I couldn't be happier. I love the mostly neutral scheme, balanced with the metallics and textures. The pop of pink is of course, my favorite, but as the little man gets older I won't mind changing it up to blue. 

Ok, enough with the small talk...lets get to the pictures! 


As a reminder, here is what the room looked like:





































It's official- I'm ditching our bathroom and I only want to get ready in here now! I knew it would all be worth it in the end, and it totally is. Thank you Linda, for your encouragement and giving us all the push to tackle these rooms ~ I am thrilled with our bath and still enjoying our den makeover from the fall. 

Sources:
Paint Color: Decorators White by Benjamin Moore
Tile Floor: Lowes
Vanity Mirrors: Lamps Plus
Vanity Lighting: Lamps Plus {different finish} 
Faucets: Overstock
Soap Dispenser: Ikea
Perfume: Vera Wang
Silver Tray: Vintage 
White Vase: TJ Maxx 
Lion Head Towel Holder: Vintage
Hand Towel: Dee Gee's
Fabric: Brunschwig and Fils Zarasa Mexicana {bought last year} 
Vanity Stool: Old, similar
Tassel Trim: Mill Outlet Village
Toilet Paper Holder: Amazon
Robe Hook: Amazon
Shower Curtain Rod: Amazon
Acrylic Towel Holder: CB2
Shower Faucet: Faucet Direct
Double Shower Curtains: Ikea
Shower Curtain Rings: Bed Bath and Beyond
Gold Teak: Vintage
Toilet Tray, Mirrored Frames, Gold/White Hook, White/Silver Towels: TJ Maxx
Dalmation, Cotton Ball Holder, Starfish: Vintage
Succulent: Hobby Lobby

Thank you to everyone who followed along on this transformation journey and left encouraging comments- each one was so appreciated. And most of all, thank you to my awesome husband for sticking this one out with me during quite possibly the busiest month of the year for us! I'm heading over to check out all my friends as they debut their rooms here and here



34 comments:

Unknown said...

It really looks great! Love the pink accents, with the gold!

Mallory said...

Katie this is beautiful!!! The pink tassel trim, the gold, the walls oh my! Bravo girlie!!! Xox

Julie said...

I love the countertops and faucets you chose! Looks great!

Unknown said...

This is such a lovely space! I especially love those mirrors and that beautiful chair. Great job!

sabrina said...

Stunning job! Love all the details!!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

Such a sweet bathroom! All the brass details are perfection. How I would love a vanity like that. Congratulations!

pam {simple details} said...

Katie!! It's truly gorgeous and timeless, I know you worked so hard on it! Love your choices - from the plank walls to the texture of the tassel trim! Congrats, friend!

Natasha said...

job WELL DONE friend!!!! absolutely stunning and i am OBSESSED with the shiplap

Unknown said...

So fresh and pretty!! Amazing transformation...well done!!

Dana Frieling said...

Yay, Katie, you made it! It turned out beautiful. Your attention to detail is spectacular. I love your choice of knobs and pulls. Now, it's time for a bath! ha!

megan said...

Gorgeous, Katie!!

Unknown said...

Katie, this is so glam & chic! I love how you mix the gold and silver with pops of pink and white! What an amazing transformation! This bathroom is more luxe than mine! I love the pom pom tassels on the shower curtain! It reminds me of my daughter Charlotte's bedroom curtains from Serena & Lilly. What a small world that Sara is your sister and that we were on the same Freshman hall at Davidson! Please send her my best! XOXO, Sarah (Sarah Sofia Productions)

Unknown said...

I'm not usually one for the girly things BUT I am in love with that pink! It looks so great. You did a great job! ~Sonya

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Wow, absolutely stunning! Your taste and style is just beautiful!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love it. What a fabulous makeover. Love those mirrors and the gold touches with the pink, perfect.

Tricia said...

Oh! Oh! I love this retro glam little bath! Love the fringe trim, the boudoir stool and all those gorgeous little details. What a great room!!
Tricia @ Suburban Bitches

Unknown said...

Romantic, elegant, chic, sooo beautiful! Well done:)

Anonymous said...

That is one stunning bathroom! Beautiful job!

Madeline {elle + j} said...

Love it! You did an amazing job- can't believe you did it all so fast!

Cassie Bustamante said...

gorgeous space! the tassel trim is perfection on that curtain!

Decor To Adore said...

What an amazing transformation! A true job well done. I adore the color palette you selected. It feels fresh and fun. The six weeks went by so fast. I completed our entry, living and dining areas in a new to us 30 year old house. So, cheers to us! Have a wonderful week.

Songthatdoesntend said...

Very lovely! I like how you brought thew trim from the shower curtains to the vanity stool.

Jessica | Petal + Ply said...

oh my gorgeous, Katie!!! You did an awesome job! Love the mixed metallic finishes/fixtures and the tassels. so cute!

SHERRY HART said...

Simply adorable! Great job on the styling....and I am loving the planked walls with all of the white:)

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Katie it is so pretty. what a difference the doors made. I love the details on the curtain and the stool. Such a lovely bathroom. Well done.

Vel Criste said...

Absolutely fantastic! Love all the details especially that little chair !

Stephanie Chalk said...

It looks fabulous! I love the wood panels! Xo, Stephanie

Jennifer @ Delightfully Noted said...

What a lovely transformation. I could totally become a morning person if I had a bathroom to wake up to like this every morning! I love the plank walls and the tassle trim.

Jennifer @ Dimples and Tangles said...

Cutest bathroom ever! LOVE those mirrors and all of the little details, especially all of the fun fringe! Well done!

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

Wow, wow, wow! I love it, especially the touches of gold and those mirrors are perfect!!

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

amazing reveal - I am jealous I didn't quiet finish my bathroom - it is quiet an accomplishment. Love the tassel shower curtains, love the mirrors, love the little chair - beautiful!

Amanda said...

Such a beautiful bathroom! Where did you find the gold pulls on the tall cabinet doors? I've been looking for some everywhere!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Katie your bathroom came out so beautifully!!!!!!! I love all your choices and pretty touches!! It is seriously such a transformation and you have such a beautiful style!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Katie your bathroom came out so beautifully!!!!!!! I love all your choices and pretty touches!! It is seriously such a transformation and you have such a beautiful style!