Thursday, May 28, 2015

Summer House List

I'm sorry for the lack of posting over here, y'all still with me? To be honest, the One Room Challenge pretty much did me in and I've been catching up and more importantly, slowing down over the last few weeks. I feel like I have had things I've wanted to post but just haven't had the time or energy to do it. I know I still have some One Room Challenge details to share on some last minute projects, so look for those soon. Also...I am still in l-o-v-e with my new bathroom.

While I don't have any big projects slated for summer 2015, I still have those little, fun, hopefully high-impact projects looming in the back of my mind. Things that might take an afternoon or so, and leave me with a big smile! 

I want to stencil the laundry room. I did afterall, buy this stencil last summer. It has been waiting around  for the perfect time. Originally I was thinking a navy and white, now I am thinking more this color blue...or maybe a shade lighter than grassy green? Help!



I have some drapes that have been waiting around to be hung and I would like to do either an acrylic rod or the industrial diy....While I am at it, I would love to do one of those treatments in the dining room as well. I think we will try it first in our master and then venture to the dining room later!



The rug in our living room needs to be replaced, even though I bought it last summer. It had great reviews, but my family of three plus two canines must be really rough and tough on it. We do spend a lot of time in the living room over the den. I swear the dogs have found some sort of scent on it too, because occasionally they will just start rolling on it/into it. So strange. Not to mention if there is a mishap/stain...its impossible to clean. There have been plenty of those and it's just no longer acceptable. If I have enough strength, Stephen might come home to it laying out by the curb ;) I'm over it! Anyway...a new rug {no natural/jute fibers} would really freshen it up in the living room. I have some extra fabric that I might make into some pillows too. Don't hold your breath :)

Well, that's enough for now. I told myself these were going to be little projects, right?

We have a busy but fun summer ahead, and that time with my family will come first and foremost. Anything you want to hear about on here? Feel free to leave me suggestions in the comments. And, let me know what you have up your sleeve this summer! xo.

4 comments:

Caroline {Virginia Sweet} said...

totally lovin that green color for the stencil!

pam {simple details} said...

I think a lot of us were in the same boat with the ORC, seems EVERYTHING else gets neglected and it takes awhile to catch up! Love your fun plans!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

LOVE the acrylic curtain rods!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

WHAT!! That acrylic ring idea is genius!! You are rocking my world this Saturday morning Katie! I shared your gold pipe rods on my Facebook page. :)