Thursday, May 11, 2017

One Room Challenge REVEAL Blue and White Dining Room

Well, here we are! Week Six of the One Room Challenge and I couldn't be happier to cross this one off my list. Thank you so much, if you are just now reading or if you have been following along this whole time. If you want a quick recap here are the following links: 

Week One- Plan
Week Two - Drapes and Paint Swatches
Week Three - Painted Room and DIY Chandelier Update
Week Four- New Accessories
Week Five- Pulling It All Together

Otherwise, to catch you up in light speed form, I just made over our dining room! We are new home owners to an older colonial home we are so proud to call it home. There are so many beautiful aspects of our "new" old home and we are really enjoying making it ours. My style is a mix of traditional and modern, with southern influences while keeping my young family in mind. Oh, and I can't turn down a healthy dose of blue and white. 

We will cut to the chase and get to the good stuff- the photos! 





That dentil moulding took hours upon hours of painting but it sure does look amazing.



I have been painting a lot lately and taking some classes, which has been so fun and my choice of activity during free time. I already have some new things lined up to be working on that I can't wait! Also, my handy husband built the frame and I painted it gold.






I found this bamboo console at Winston's Collection on instagram and they lacquered and delivered it right to my dining room. It is such a fun little piece and I love it with the mirror that I have had for ages. I have been wanting to do a plate wall for so long and I finally have it! I just used some of my antique Blue Willow collection (new) and Spode Blue Room.


You might notice the piece of furniture below is different than what I planned on using. I painted that bamboo chest white, cleaned up the hardware...and it still wasn't working. It really was too small for the room. The piece seen below was in our living room so I swapped them. I'm not totally sure it will stay because I would still like something a bit larger, but it works for now! I put some more of my blue and white in it for a punch of color.



Anyone else's husband obsessed with Blantons? I have to say, what a cool bottle.


I couldn't resist this tiny artwork by TomTom! We just got a shipment of his in our shop and I am the proud new owner of his beautiful little artwork.




You can find the plate hangers I used here. Super easy. Also, I ordered these white linen shades for the chandelier and I love how they transformed it even more. If you are new here, I really wanted to save this brass chandelier :)


I have been collecting blue and white for years and am still adding pieces whenever I come across them. I added the Blessing Beads to make our collection even more personal.


The drapes are my babies, literally. I love, love, love looking at this fabric. They make this room really pop and I'm so glad I stepped out of my solid fabric drapery rut! Also the color of the walls is Lily White by Benjamin Moore. This is probably the truest representation of the color, It was a little grey outside on photoshoot day and think it swayed the color a bit. It is a beautiful blue with a hint of grey.


I love a little whimsy in every room in our house to keep things fun and light. How cute are these cocktail napkins?




Thank you again for joining me. I'm excited to check this one off my list! 


I'm looking forward to catching up with the the linkers here and the featured designers here! There is so much good to be seen I encourage you all to check it out! Big thanks to Linda with the Calling It Home for putting this all together.

Linkable sources: I will be updating these throughout the day!
Lamp
Crystals on Chandelier and here
Chandelier Shades
Plate Hangers (invisible!)
Marble Cutting Board
Marble Wine Cooler
Marble Cheese Knives
Bamboo Console
Wine Glasses
Blessing Beads
Stir Sticks
Embroidered Cocktail Napkins
Bow Wine Stopper
Small Bar Artwork
Drapery Fabric
Drapery Hardware
Original Large Artwork by myself- email for inquiries
Chair Fabric



11 comments:

Stacey said...

This is so beautiful! Your artwork is definitely the showstopper. ;)

Love the fabric for the drapes, the gold accents, and the painted hutch. Way to go!

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a bright and beautiful space! i love that cabinet sooooo much!

Unknown said...

Katie, I absolutely love your blue and white living room! Major blue and white crush here! The artwork and swapping out your pieces made this room! The pops of gold are chic and fun! Cheers my friend on another ORC in the books! XOXO, Sarah

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Katie, your art is the star of the show!! You are so talented!! And your curtains are beautiful, I love how they elevate the space and really finish the room. You do such a beautiful job bringing all the details together and making a space lovely, I adore your style, mix of old and new, and the personality you give a room!!

Kate R. said...

Looks beautiful! Maybe I missed it somewhere, but where is the rug from? It's gorg!

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

Those drapes are beautiful! All the details totally make this room! I want you to come decorate my house :)

jjjcrew said...

Hi Katie,

I'm about to undertake painting our dental molding (I'm the painter in the house and definitely NOT looking forward to this job). Can you please share what colors you used: for the molding, ceiling and walls? Any Benjamin Moore White Dove?

The room looks lovely! Many thanks - Jill

Julie said...

Your room is so pretty! I just love that floral still life art! Great job :)

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

Unknown said...

Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my wife have been having a lot of problem living together, she will always not make me happy because she have fallen in love with another man outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my wife leave this woman but the more i talk to her the more she makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because she no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my wife again. this spell caster who was a man told me that my wife is really under a great spell that she have been charm by some magic, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal back. he did the spell on my wife and after 5 days my wife changed completely she even apologize with the way she treated me that she was not her self, i really thank this man his name is Dr ose he have bring back my wife back to me i want you all to contact him who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his email is oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com  he is a man and his  great. wish you good time.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) HIV/AIDS CURE
(10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Contact him today on oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com

eva said...

situs online terpercaya
situs slot
situs slot bonus new member
situs slot terpercaya
situs terpercaya