Thursday, November 12, 2015

Living Room One Room Challenge Reveal!

Welcome everyone! We have finally arrived...the reveal week of the One Room Challenge! Words cannot describe how happy I am to have knocked the living room off of the to do list, and an added bonus- right before the holidays!  Here is where we started:


If you are just joining me, we have been working the last six weeks on transforming our living room into a stylish, comfortable and usable space. We needed storage, we needed tidiness and we needed a design! Since our living room and entry way are in such close quarters, I included some finishing touches on that space too. I am thrilled with the results and will let the pictures take it away....


And a quick reminder from where we started:


Yes, it came a long way!



Fresh magnolia from the yard never hurts. I add this in my home year round!








We finally added a new light to the entry way and it is the perfect finishing touch.






  

My custom painting of my wedding dress is in a visible spot now and I love it. I love that it adds a little femininity to a TV bookcase!

  


I found the clover shaped brass planter at a thrift shop last weekend and worked some magic with Brasso. It now has a new home on our coffee table!






I have used Lulie Wallace prints from my old calendar all over the house...the next best thing :)


A detail shot of the trim work on the book case...



I love the unexpected detail on the back of this pillow.





   

I know, a lot of pictures right?! A brief rundown on how we capped off the project. Bookcases!!!! I could not be more thrilled about how they turned out. Stephen worked tirelessly on them and I can't imagine anything better. Thank you SO much honey. Thank you, thank you. They are the perfect fit for our space and are solid, quality work. I am going to have such a good time decking them for Christmas in a few weeks!


Next up, I love how the throw pillows all came together. To be honest, I waited to the last minute because I really wanted to have the rug in place and make those decisions. I found a fabulous etsy shop that offered some of my favorite fabrics and I chose a few from there. So many good options- more on that soon! I also whipped a few together at the last minute {the florals and the blue/green leopard}.


My lamps came in and are such a fun touch with a little more of my favorite-blue and white! I love them paired with a few of my jars. I really paired down on the accessories on the side tables and the coffee table to leave room for day to day things like drinks, magazines, computer, etc. I wanted the space to be livable! The rug was something I debated on too, actually buying two of them...{one is now in the dining room!} I am head over heels for my vintage Karastan, and it was a fabulous deal.



Lastly, most of the accessories were all that I already owned. I have collected books for years, I hoard family pictures, and I had plenty of accessories to go the distance on the shelves. Oh, and the wine corks have been accumulating for a decade ;) Not seen in this reveal, but we have made a few changes in our home {swapping the old den with the dining room, and making the old dining space a playroom!} and I had a little overflow from that change too!

SOURCES
Wall Color: Matched to Pale Powder by Farrow and Ball
Trim Color: White Dove
Coral Throw Pillows + Blue Les Touches Throw Pillow: PopOColor on Etsy
Jamil Leopard Throw Pillows: Pillomatic on Etsy
Rug: Vintage Karastan
Chandelier: Lowes
Cabinet Knobs: Amerock
Pillow Inserts: Pillowflex
Chatbooks: Get Your First Volume Free with Code A3KRQCPM
Weeks' Shoes ;) : Umi
Lamps, Matchbox, Coasters, Gray Throw: Dee Gee's Gifts and Books {email me for questions!}

I'll be updating more details over the next week and provide additional sources... and I will also fill you in on more details about the room swap taking place! Thank you so much for reading along and I hope you enjoyed. Feel free to ask any questions, as usual. Now go indulge at Calling it Home and check everyone else out! So many fabulous rooms from yesterday's big reveal, and I cannot wait to dig into today's!

See past One Room Challenges Here:
Den Fall 2014 / Hall Bathroom Spring 2015

24 comments:

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Gorgeous!!! Love all the details! It came together so beautifully. I am so impressed (and jealous) that Stephan built those in bookcases for you. They are the perfect addition to the room. I need you to come decorate for me!!

April of Smidge Of This said...

As always - insanely beautiful! You have such an eye, Katie. Come help me in Charlotte!!!!

Lainey said...

I love the wedding dress painting. I would love to get that for my girlfriend's wedding. Was that an Etsy purchase?

And by the way, the bookcases turned out perfectly. Your husband is a champ.

miss andrea lee said...

Beautiful job Katie!!! I love it all- the vintage rug, the bookcases, the lamps and pillows- its perfect! I wish you could come over and help me with mine!

Stacey said...

Every single detail is perfection. This is gorgeous! I love how you mixed fabrics and the artwork too. Way to go on the bookshelves. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful styling! Love it!

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Oh girl. You know I love your style! Classy and fabulous wrapped into one! xx

JMO said...

This is absolute perfection! I'm in love!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Katie!!!!! This is definitely one of my very favorites from the 20 yesterday and the link ups today! It is sooooo good! Those bookcases are gorgeous, and I love how you styled them. The mix of fabrics, blue & white, your beautiful rug - all so beautiful!! Can you come style my whole house please?? You are so good!!! I am so inspired, I love what you did and I can't wait to hear more about the details that went into this room! Congrats & enjoy your refreshed space!!

A Peachy Sonder said...

You truly have a gift! This room looks absolutely beautiful. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the final result! I love the details that you've collected and hope to have a home filled with personal touches one day as well.

Unknown said...

WOw Katie this is beautiful! I love everything in this room from the white sofa, rug, to the custom shelves, to the pillows! You know I love blue and white! Cheers on a job well done, now go and enjoy this space! XOXO, Sarah

pam {simple details} said...

Katie, you have to be thrilled, it's SO perfect!! I love the bookcases and the view of the sofa looking out your front window, I'd be standing there staring at that all day! Love your fabulous combination of patterns and the pillows you ended up with. :) I knew when you bought this house I'd love following along with you making it your own, so happy for you how everything is coming together!

Lianna@theresnoplacelikehomemke.com said...

beautiful updates! love all the pillow mixing! congrats on the beautiful updates!

Lindsay // Vineyard Loveknots said...

Wow!! What a beautiful room, you did such a fantastic job. I especially love all the blue and white :)

The Boho Abode said...

Ohmygoodness, it's all so fresh and beautiful!

Erin @ the-organized-life said...

Beautiful pictures, beautiful space. Love all the pillows!

Unknown said...

Beautiful room, love the blue vases and your cushions:)

Calypso In The Country said...

It's so beautiful! I love all the colors and the special pieces!
Shelley

hcb interiors said...

Your room is beautiful! Great job!

Stephanie Chalk said...

You did an amazing job, as always! I can't wait to see it in person! Xo, Stephanie

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Katie, this is stunning. what a beautiful transformation. I love the pillows and the layering. Of course the blue and white are my favorite. Well done.

SHERRY HART said...

This is a gorgeous room! All of our styling is perfection....and I love the mix of colors:) Great job on this makeover.

Christie Goodwin said...

What a beautiful room. I am not normally a fan of having so much white in a room, I think it looks too sterile, but you balance it nicely with colorful accents that are just perfect. There is a lot of personality in these pictures and it is very refreshing to see. I hope to see more pictures from you in the future.

Christie Goodwin @ Window Enhancements LLC

kaylana said...

GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK NOW
I’m just upset that I have been in pain and crying for so long and many times. Thank you drmikpolo@gmail.com I wished I would have found you earlier, you would have saved me from a lot of pain for the past five years my ex lover left me for another woman
I have tried many spell casters, white magic, energy healers you name it I have tried none of them worked. They promised me the moon and that I would get my ex boyfriend back, I didn't because he is now engaged to another woman. I spent a small fortune enough to take my dream trip to South Carolina but what’s the point in taking a dream trip without the love of my life. Dr Mikpolo has given me hope and her honesty is a breath of fresh air, I feel so good and heavy happiness in my heart to get my ex lover back. Who I thought he was gone forever. We are getting married as I share my testimony with you guys you can add him up on hangout:  drmikpolo@gmail.com