Thursday, November 6, 2014

The Den: One Room Challenge Reveal

Welcome back to the final week of the One Room Challenge, the reveal! Although the last several weeks have been full of work and little sleep...I have really enjoyed it. And I am over the moon that we have a room "completed" just in time for the holidays. Since we moved in our renovation home in April, we have made changes- some were quick strides and some are like a marathon that take forever. I am thrilled that this room has come together over the past month and we can enjoy this cozy space that made us fall in love with our fixer upper!




 



 


 











 








I will be doing a full recap on the sources, but I wanted to give a quick overview in case you are just now tuning in. This room had excellent bones and character, it just needed some polishing. And the stairs...they were an entire room themselves, but they have improved in a thousand ways. From carpet, to a million staples, to staining the pine and adding completely new railing...I am thrilled over their sleek look and I know they added so much to this room. I spent a lot of time styling the bookshelves- it takes time if you want them to look good. Slipcovers were made for the existing furniture, and fabulous new throw pillows were made by my my Mom. Most of the decor I already owned, and it came together so well in this room. And just for fun, here is a shot of the before:


Thanks again to Linda for hosting this amazing little challenge. And big thanks to my hubby for sticking this thing out and still loving me ;) Last but not least, check out all my friends as they debut their designs here and here

For a full recap of the challenge: 

30 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

This looks AMAZING!!!! I'm loving so many details. And this reminds me so much of our family room which needs some help! Great job!

Owen Ross Davis said...

Wow I love it!! Obsessed with all the pops of blue. I need you to come style my house for me :)

pam {simple details} said...

Katie!!! You have got to be beside yourself with how this came together - your timeless, classic style with the pops of color is GORGEOUS!! I've scrolled back and forth so many times...moving on...wonderful job, my talented friend!

Jennifer said...

Way to go! It looks amazing!! I love the classic blue and white with modern gold & gray. Enjoy & have friends over for a toast :)

Jennifer said...

And ps. Very inspiring for us readers too! Thanks for sharing =)

Zelle B. said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love what you've done -- all of the details are perfect!
xo Southern Style

Unknown said...

LOVE!!! Do you mind me asking where you got the silver and gold tall lamps?

Natasha said...

Katie,
YOU TOTALLY OUTDID YOURSELF MY FRIEND!!! this is absolutely stunning and i love how cozy it is...great job my dear

Elena @ baby Ridley bump said...

Wow! Absolutely beautiful! Love the details!

Laura Cox said...

Katie, this is beautiful! I cannot believe how well it all came together. I'm now convinced that we need a slipcover for our couch. Yours turned out so cute with the little ruffle at the bottom. LOVE!

megan said...

I LOVE it! Love the wall color and every single little detail.

Unknown said...

Love love love!! It looks amazing! I love all your colors and decorations!

Samma said...

WOW! You did an incredible job!

KatiePerk said...

So beautiful! Congrats on the new room! I love the slip cover and the lamps.

Carolina Charm said...

WOAH. Absolutely gorgeous friend!!!!

Rosa said...

Katie this space is really fresh and inviting. I, for one, will NEVER tire of blue+orange, so I love your use of it! Well done, truly!!

Best,
Rosa

(And this is my ORC in case you care to check it out :)

http://rosabeltrandesign.blogspot.com/2014/11/one-room-challenge-project-parisian.html

mrs. V | Chez V said...

I'm coming right on over, settling into one of those wing backs and grabbing the first bottle of vino from that rack in the hearth. Then we can dish on the trials and joys of an accomplished ORC. Greatest motivator in the world! Love all of the classic touches. Paint is fabulous!

Veronika said...

beautiful room! you did a great job

-Veronika

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Oh girlie...BRAVO! I love how the blues echo throughout the room in different patterns. Also: my sister and I have forever crushes on exposed beams!!!! And the stairs look GORGEOUS! Love the finish you chose! xx

Sam | Away She Went said...

It looks amazing! I love all of the accessories you added! Great job with the styling!

Decor To Adore said...

Wow~ An absolutely stunning space! I love the Schumacher fabric. As a fellow 6 week participant the six weeks was indeed a challenge and you rose up. Well done!

Amy @ 11Magnolialane said...

I love your style and all the color--and such gorgeous fabrics! You did a ton in the 6 weeks, and the space came out beautifully.
XO, Amy

SHERRY HART said...

You pulled this room together so nicely! What a difference all of your beautiful styling made:) Love the slipcovers and the beams....You killed it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

This is a fabulous makeover, everything looks so chic, polished and pulled together. I love it.

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely, Katie! Such a beautiful and casual space. I would want to have company in that room. Great job.

The Pink Pagoda said...

Oh my. I LOVE this. What an incredible transformation, Katie!! I'm so honored to have my prints in your family room! Seriously, fantastic job. I have to share a shot tomorrow!

Unknown said...

Katie this makeover is spectacular! Great job on the stairs and the walls! Love your colors and patterns. I would love this room in my home ! Enjoy, xo Nancy

Kim said...

LOVE this! So warm and fun and what a great transformation! Congrats!

Elizabeth @ The Little Black Door said...

YOu did a beautiful job and I love your home!!

Whitney J Decor said...

Great job! I love how bright the space is. Your wall color is my favorite shade of gray!!

Whitney