Monday, November 23, 2015

Shine Home Love + House Changes!

Remember how I have mentioned some changes taking place in our home? Well, I am finally filling y'all in on the details! Let's start from the beginning. Stephen and I have toyed with the idea of making some bigger renovation changes to better our home. The two big areas of interest are the kitchen and closing in the exterior carport {it's actually a pretty carport but that is the only way I can describe it!} Of course, the full gut job on the kitchen is self explanatory, but we also feel like we need more storage {it is an old house and that's a given} and we need to use our space better. One upgrade already was our living room bookcases...hey, every bit counts! I plan on using those for extra dishes, glasses and seasonal platters that do not fit in our dining room cabinet or kitchen. 


The next idea to better utilize our space was to swap our den with our dining room. I am so happy with the change and it feels like the right layout for us and our home. But, you have to head over to Lisa's blog Shine Your Light to hear more and see a sneak peek of the new "keeping room"! I am joining her today on her series Shine Home Love and I am just thrilled to be there. Having only read her blog, exchanged emails and had social media interactions, I can tell you this woman is incredibly talented and one of the most heartwarming and genuine people you will encounter in this "blogging world!" So please go check out my feature and Shine Your Light, you won't be disappointed! 


1 comment:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That was way beyond sweet Katie, thank you so much!! Just the pick me up I needed at the moment! Thanks again for sharing part of your home on Shine Home Love! I adore your style and you!