Thursday, May 4, 2017

One Room Challenge: Week Five Blue and White Dining Room

Welcome back for week FIVE of the One Room Challenge! We are so close to the finish line and I have to say I can't wait. If I'm being honest I'm ready for nothing on my to do list but fun stuff! Nevertheless, I will finish up this room and be glad that I did it. No one ever said it was going to be easy right?! If you are new here, thanks for stopping by. I am Katie, wife, mom of two, living in the cutest little area of the NC coast. For this challenge, I am making over our dining room in a fresh blue and white design...if you want to catch up, see the links below!

Week One- Plan
Week Two - Drapes and Paint Swatches
Week Three - Painted Room and DIY Chandelier Update
Week Four- New Accessories

This update will be short and sweet- I've got things to do people! Let's refer back to the punch list:

-Caulk and paint trim (a doozie...dentil moulding) in progress
-New window shades (these are terrible mini blinds)
-Hang new drapes!
-Paint walls
-Paint nightstand-ish piece of furniture - in progress
-Update chandelier
-Fix the table/lamp/art situation- in progress
-Flank china cabinet with mirrors? - in progress
-Remove door to room - (trying to decide to do this or not because we need it for a baby on the move)

So this week, I started painting the bachelor's chest and it is already looking oh-so-fine. It is primed and sanded, ready for it's final coats of paint. I had a little time yesterday to shine up the hardware with some Brasso. I love watching this stuff work its magic on old brass hardware! The other option would have been to simply spray paint them gold, but I love the patina and nothing is better than the real thing.



Hardware is pre-Brasso...


I also mulled over my fabric decision for the dining room chair covers. I just couldn't justify spending hundreds of dollars on chair fabric that will likely take a beating. It also made me think about this room and what it's purpose is in our house, which leads me into a whole new topic. Yes, it is a formal dining room but we are generally not really formal people. We are at the beach and everything is a little more laid back here. I want this room to be one we feel comfortable in when we have a few more people joining us for dinner, with high chairs pulled up and water bottles instead of stemware scattered across the table. Most likely there will be a baby feeding a dog her food from the table at some point during that meal. I want it to be a fun space! This is the best part about the One Room Challenge- you don't have time to push things out of your mind- you are forced to make decisions, which is a good thing for me! So- I found this fabric and I am totally loving it. I also envisioned a slightly preppy room when I had this design in mind. Who better than Kate Spade to pull it all together. I will be covering the four side chairs and keeping the arm chairs as is with white slipcovers.


Next up, I am totally in limbo on my art choice. I am worried the bird art (seen here) is slightly too big and a little too vintage for the room. I might paint something myself this weekend. Totally going to be a last minute decision and I can't wait to see what I end up with!!

I haven't touched on the mirrors flanking the china cabinet on the punch list. I mulled that over too and I am thinking about incorporating some of my dishes into a plate wall. TBD. Again, can't wait to see where it all ends up.

By the way, I just want to mention that your comments, messages, emails...they all make such a difference. I really, truly appreciate all of them as a little nod of encouragement. This week has been pretty stressful (outside of the ORC as well) and little messages really make a difference- so thank you! That is all for me this week. See you next week for some fun at the big reveal!

Linkers are here and featured designers are here


5 comments:

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Love both fabrics and caught up with the older posts- love the lily white wall color! It's perfect with your drape fabric. Can't wait to see it all finalized

Jillian said...

i love that blue fabric! xo jillian - cornflake dreams

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

Love that fabric! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

Unknown said...

Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my wife have been having a lot of problem living together, she will always not make me happy because she have fallen in love with another man outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my wife leave this woman but the more i talk to her the more she makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because she no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my wife again. this spell caster who was a man told me that my wife is really under a great spell that she have been charm by some magic, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal back. he did the spell on my wife and after 5 days my wife changed completely she even apologize with the way she treated me that she was not her self, i really thank this man his name is Dr ose he have bring back my wife back to me i want you all to contact him who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his email is oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com  he is a man and his  great. wish you good time.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) HIV/AIDS CURE
(10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Contact him today on oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com