Friday, May 22, 2015

Five for Friday: Memorial Day!

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND 

Happy Memorial Day Weeekend y'all! I hope you all have a fabulous time relaxing, enjoying some time outdoors, cooking some wonderful food...and of course, don't forget what the weekend is all about. How beautiful is this photo above? Our flag is truly, such a sight to behold. 

TURKEY BURGERS WITH ZUCCHINI

We made these Turkey Burgers with Zucchini several weeks ago and they are a total keeper! Added bonus, you get a veggie added in your burger, making it even leaner than your average turkey burger. I like to top our turkey burgers with a spicy greek yogurt dressing, recipe below.

GREEK YOGURT DRESSING:
-1/4 cup reduced fat plain greek yogurt
-Cumin 
-Sea Salt {or kosher is fine}
-Pepper

Season yogurt with cumin, salt and pepper to taste. I add a lot of cumin, I love the flavoring!

INDIVIDUAL KEY LIME PIES

These look like the perfect treat to top off a weekend cook out. They sound so refreshing, not heavy. Find the recipe here Individual Key Lime Pies.

CHIC ENTRY


In honor of the holiday weekend, how chic is this Red White and Blue Entry? I love the ginger jar in the mix, of course. But I am obsessed with the mirror, lamps...the chandelier peeking down....well, I guess everything!

DEAL ALERT





This is TOO good of a deal not to share! I've been searching for my go-to sandal and these are them. They are on sale, plus an additional 20% off. If you are a loyallist member, you always get free shipping, no minimum {so awesome}. If you are a member of ebates, {here is an invite!}, you can get 10% cash back. That makes these sandals an investment of around $100...pretty good for a brand new pair of Tory's to last you all summer long! 

Linking up today with April for Five on Friday! 




4 comments:

P!nky said...

Love that first picture, lady! It's just beautiful and poignant. Thanks for sharing.

And oh my, your food choices look amazing :)! Hope you have a great weekend.

Chelsea said...

Ohhh... I love the Tory Burch shoes they are so pretty :)
Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com/

April of Smidge Of This said...

I could really use a new pair of nice sandals for the summer (can't wear those Rainbows every day!) so thank you SO much for this heads up on the great sale!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

LOVE that chic, but eclectic entry!