Thursday, January 12, 2012

Guest Post: Carly from {a simple affair}

Why hello Miss Dixie Readers!  My name is Carly from {a simple affair}.  I was beyond happy when Katie asked me to do a guest post for her wonderful blog.  I am gladly one of her newest followers and can't get enough of her style and DIY projects.

Since we're still in early January, it's fair game for me to talk about one of my resolutions right?  Well, yours truly needs to make time to read for pleasure more often because in the past years, I only read books by choice in the summer.  Here's another random fact about me: I have one yes one coffee table book.  That was hard for me to type.  This is how I plan to (1) stay true to my resolution and (2) provide my one coffee table book with some new BFFs.  Invest in some of these design books that will no doubt have great content, but will also be great styling pieces in my apartment. Win, win!







Have you read any of these or have any other recommendations for me?  I have a long way to go on my book collection, and I am always looking for more suggestions! 



Thank you so much for sharing these gorgeous books with us Carly! I have always loved coffee table books, but I really need to update my collection. I have a few that are on my "must list" now! Make sure you stop by her adorable blog and say hello. Thanks again doll! xoxo.

6 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Carly is one of my daily favorites, too! I have the Perfectly Imperfect home on my list as well!

The Sister Studio said...

Thank you for having Carly. I just love her! I definitely need to purchase a few of these. I have heard great things about Design Sponge at Home. :)

www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

These are great tips! I'll definitely look into "The Perfectly Imperfect Home" because that's what I like to think of in my home :)

Hilliary Meisner said...

Oh I need to check these books out. I am the same way, I really need to make more time for reading!

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

I just received the 'Black and White' book for Christmas and I love it! :) I also would like books 2 and 3 in my collection! :)
So happy to find your blog! I'm your newsest follower!

Carly Haslee said...

Thank you SO much for having me, Katie!

xoxo