Thursday, January 19, 2012

Laundry Room Part 2



Let me just tell you, I appreciated every single comment from my post yesterday so much! I loved every bit of feedback, and now you all have me rethinking the cabinets {sorry hubby!}. Hearing that the wire shelves were not all that bad {it's hard when you look at them every day} made me rethink what to do. We still do not have a price quote on the cabinets, but if it comes in over what we have in mind then the wire shelving will stay! Good for the budget, yay!! Also, I have to give credit where credit is due, I forgot to mention that the husband was the one that immediately liked the paint color we chose and he was the deciding factor. Thank goodness for second opinions and good taste!

After your feedback, I did a little more browsing for other options in case we decide to change it up.
First up, I like the look of the solid shelves in this room. They look a little more substantial and the brackets add a small element of design...and I can use my pretty baskets! Shelving is sure to be cheaper than a wall of cabinets, right?
via
I like that this room has at least one shelf, for easy access to things you have to grab all the time. Maybe we should keep the shelving and add a fun light fixture?
via
Our room really needs a rug as well. I forgot about that. I just haven't found one that suits the colors yet, and since it gets a ton of traffic it will need to be durable and easy to clean. 
Maybe an indoor/outdoor rug? 
via
And I also loved the idea of adding "skirting" to the shelves. I think that might be the most economical option and would be a great way to incorporate a fun print and soften the room, since there is no window.
via
And how cute is this? It really doesn't apply to us because we don't have a sink in the laundry room, but this was too adorable not to add.
via
So once again, thank you so, so, so much for all of your amazing comments...they mean so much and I appreciate you stopping by to read this little project on my blog! Have a fab day, xo.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

You better post some pictures when you have it all finished like you want!! :)

Amanda said...

I love all these other laundry rooms, but I'm still super impressed with the way that you revamped yours :)

Ashley {styleash} said...

The chandelier in the laundry room is such a fun idea! I can't wait to see when you're finished

Hilliary Meisner said...

Love these laundry rooms, the chandelier is a great addition! I can't wait to see your finished laundry room!

Unknown said...

These laundry rooms are gorgeous...so inspiring! I love how yours turned out. That color is amazing! It makes me want to tackle mine...someday.

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blogs! It's great to "meet" some bloggers from around here!

Kristen
Sophia's

Style Servings said...

Oooh these are all so pretty! Great inspiration!

http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth said...

Hi! I just stumbled upon your lovely blog. I love the first and second images in this post. I think either the white wooden shelves or cabinets with one shelf underneath would look so nice in your laundry room! What a difference the new paint color made! I don't know why, but I just love DIY projects and seeing the transformation from before to after. So thank you for sharing your project with us! I'll be following!!
-Elizabeth
www.style-and-city.blogspot.com

Meggan said...

Love all this inspiration and your laundry room! You did such a great job! xoxo

Carly Haslee said...

I really do love the open shelving and then you can show off your pretty baskets! Good work to the hubby, and I can't wait to hear what you decide! xo

Nicole Rene said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog! :) This is such a cute post! I especially love that laundry room with a chandelier in it w/the turquoise walls!!! How adorable!! Good finds!

http://nicolerenedesign.blogspot.com