Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Entry Way Progress

When we bought the house:


This is pretty much what it has looked like for months....umm, no styling here at all. We pretty much let this be a collecting ground for random objects and books. I didn't really like the fact that it was a hutch at the front door either, it just doesn't seem right for an entry way.


Sunday morning I scraped layers of paint off of the transom window. I was in shock how much of a difference that one little project made. It was making me crazy every time I walked by to see the uneven paint edges up there.  Here is a before that doesn't even show HALF of the paint on the glass.


I also had to do something with the painted hinges. I had a weak moment and spraypainted them gold and then immediately regretted it. So I resorted to paint remover and a wire brush...


There was also a chair rail here that was removed and we never patched that drywall up. Finally, we also switched out the brass light switch. I know its a thing to paint your switch plates the color of your walls....but I will be hard pressed to paint my outlet covers after staring at mismatched ones for a year. #sorrynotsorry 

I also used some Brasso to clean up the door handle. I mean I have been scrubbing away at this brass. It's getting there...


Progress!


I will take better photos soon, but here is a sneaky peak of that transom window.


And here is the status this morning! I was ready for a new look and gave it a coat of white enamel paint. I removed the top part of the hutch and we will be using it as a side board/ entry table thing. No accessories or styling yet but I am feeling good about the progress. And yes, only one knob made it back on the table...my painting skills let a leeetle too much paint get in that hole. The table still needs some touch up work too.


Things we need:
-Rug
-Lamps

Things we have that we will be placing here:
-Chair
-Pillows for chair
-Books/Accessories
-Lamp over table

What do you think?!

5 comments:

Ashley Carole (Sweet Carolina Belle) said...

Love the natural light shining through the front windows. Our new house has painted light switch covers and I can't stand them!! It is a top priority to change them back to white.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Love the light and that hutch base is perfect. Looks amazing white. Can't wait to see this all dressed.

Owen Ross Davis said...

Love it!! Where did you get your wreath for your front door?? Been hunting for one!

Unknown said...

Love your home! Would you mind sharing the paint color you used in your entryway?

Home Windows said...

Thanks for your post which is truly informative for us and we will surely keep visiting this website.
Entry Door Glass Replacement
Windows And Doors Las Vegas
Entry Door With Window