Friday, September 11, 2015

More Entryway Progress / Current Situation

Well the entryway has come together much quicker than most of my projects. Y'all know I am slow...thank you for bearing with me...you know things don't happen overnight and you still tune in. So thank you for that! So, like I said I would, I pulled together things from our own home that could make a statement in this area, only spending money on things that we essentially needed. Still a few more things to go, but we are on our way.


LAMPS. How hard are they? I seriously have fits over them. I don't have a ton of resources in our small town so if I find a pair I have to jump on them. And how annoying is it to find a cute lamp with a hideous shade? So awful. Anyway, I luckily found this pair at TJ Maxx and they fit the bill…correct size, classic yet fun shape, neutral color. Done and done!


I moved around a few things: some estate sale artwork and the mirror from the living room, which I was not particularly tied to their placement. I hate to be one that moves everything around just to please the eye for the moment, but I feel good about this change. These should be here to stay.


And an impromptu portrait of Miss Dixie herself...




The chair had been in our den but was repeatedly forgotten about in the corner, usually covered in some sort of clutter, mail, etc. I love that it now has a front row spot where I can admire it much more. I plan to make a pillow in a lumbar shape also.

Last but not least, a little decor for fall. I love the cotton, an ode to North Carolina. The simple white pumpkin is the only touch of true "fall" I need here.


Have you added any fall yet to your home? I have done a few touches here and there and I will share next week! Let me know your thoughts on the new entryway…shew… she has come a long way! Stay tuned for more to come, I still have a few more things on the to-do list before it's done!
Happy Weekending Friends!

7 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Ilove it, it really has come together beautifully. I love that chair too, nice to have it where you can enjoy it. Great find on the lamps too.

Unknown said...

Looks great!!! Love how you moved things around in the house, and created a whole new look!

Owen Ross Davis said...

I need you to come decorate my house ;) your style is so elegant and timeless, I just love it!

April of Smidge Of This said...

You always have the most classic, beautiful, yet unique decor style. I love what you've done, and great find on those lamps!

pam {simple details} said...

It's perfectly timeless Katie!! I need some cotton, someone told me they have it at Hobby Lobby, it's such great texture! Happy Weekend!

Stephanie Chalk said...

I love how this all came together, it is beautiful! Xo, Stephanie

KSM said...

where did you get the cotton!!?? Love it!