Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Recap: A Blessed Year

At first thought, I would tell you that 2012 was a good year. After looking back through my blog, I would tell you it has been an amazing year. I am so thankful for so many blessings, celebrations, and wonderful memories. If nothing else, this blog has given me an amazing look back at time! I also want to give a recap for anyone new that might have missed my earlier posts.

We rang in the New Year with friends and the year was off to a great start! I also made a list of goals for the year, which I think I did pretty good on! 


I also kicked off organizing and a laundry room cleanup with my DIY painted corkboard. It still is neat and clean, I love it!


In February, I began my dining room re-do and accomplished quite a bit from my original inspiration post. The room has come such a long way! {More new pics to come soon too}


 I also became full blown, head over heels in love with Downton Abbey. By the way, who is watching Season 3?!


In March, I shared one of my favorite recipes: Broiled Grouper. It also happens to be one of my most pinned items ever from my blog! 


I shared with you tons of details and photos of our wedding. This is always a fun post for me to look back at: our reception


In April, we celebrated our second wedding anniversary


Easter weekend is always fun at the beach. It should always be enjoyed at the beach, in fact. My family was in town and we had fun getting out with my brother and sister, and enjoying many a happy hours.


We took a trip later in the month to the Bahamas for a little getaway. We indulged at one of the nicest restaurants on this side of the world and celebrated our anniversary again! 


May is one of my favorite months living at the beach. It's not quite full blown crazy busy yet, but the weather is perfectly warm enough to do whatever you like outdoors. Lots of summer cookouts and afternoons that end up looking like this....


Living in the South, you have got enjoy the fresh fruits that are just all over the place.  In June, we got the best of the best, and I made my first Peach Cobbler. I cannot wait to make that again!


Another highlight of the month was my Grandma's 90th Birthday. What a doll she still is! We had several celebrations that weekend, but we also took plenty of time to relax and enjoy the gorgeous mountain view. 



In July, we celebrated one of my most favorite holidays: the Fourth! While Stephen made his amazing barbecue for the Fourth Celebration cookout, I made these Garlic Chicken Puffs
Many a puffs were devoured.


I also treated my hubs to a night on a houseboat for his birthday. Watching the sunset with my man was absolutely perfect! We had so much fun on this outing, just the two of us.



In August, I showed you how I dry hydrangeas so I have those pretty blooms to place in my house throughout the year...


I also took a poll from my readers to see what their tailgate favorites are. The menu we came up with was just simply phenomenal.


In September, we revealed the most exciting news of our lifetime: we are expecting a baby!! Sometimes I have to pinch myself that this is really happening! 


I also shared my fall decor and I still love how my wreath turned out...


In October, we anxiously anticipated if Baby C was going to be a boy or girl. It's hard to believe this is what I looked like just over 10 weeks ago. My how things change!


At the end of the month, we found out our babe on the way was in fact, a baby boy! We hosted a gender reveal party and shared the news with our closest family and friends at home.


In November, I showed you how I force paperwhites for Christmas. We got to enjoy the beautiful blooms and fresh scent all throughout the season. Did anyone give them a try?


In December I shared my pregnancy essentials thus far...


And enjoyed celebrating Christmas with this sweet baby in mind....


Every year has its ups and downs but I am choosing to highlight the best, only because I feel so blessed and thankful for this year. Undoubtedly, 2013 will look a little different around here with lots of baby posts mixed in, but this is a lifestyle blog and it will continue to be. I hope you all will still follow along for this new chapter. I look forward to sharing more with you all as we embark on this crazy, amazing, special time in our lives. I can't wait!

XOXO.

9 comments:

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Was a great year for you lady!! I'm sure 2013 will be even BETTER for you if possible;) I'm so excited to follow along once baby is here, I'm super happy for you!!

Carolina Charm said...

what a big and exciting 2012! Cheers to another amazing year! xo

Sweet, Pink and Preppy said...

2013 will be your best year yet!! So exciting!!

pam {simple details} said...

You have such a zest for life, Katie ~ it was fun seeing your recap. Here's to an exciting 2013!

Unknown said...

you and your husband are so precious and you are one lucky gal! congratulatiosn on the baby and I enjoy reading your blog while I am at work!!

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

What a great year you have had! I can't wait to keep reading as you become a mother:) Having kids is the most wonderful time!

Courtney said...

A blessed year indeed! Cheers to a happy 2013:)

Nat said...

Such a blessed year! 2013 is looking to be even better

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

I love this recap of your year! Blogging is a wonderful way to log your life and can really put the positive in perspective! I have a feeling the arrival of Baby C is going to make 2013 the best year yet!