Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Years Wishes + Bump Update: 28 Weeks


photo taken at 28.5 weeks
We were on vacation, so no chalkboard this week...but I think this one is much better!

How far along? 28 weeks! The last week absolutely flew by.
Total weight gain/loss: We travelled all day yesterday and unpacked all night. No weighing yet this week, but I go to the doctor tomorrow.
Maternity clothes? I lived in leggings and comfortable sweaters for the most part this past week. I have a few new favorites I will share soon!
Stretch marks? Not any yet...getting nervous! 
Sleep: Slept great.
Best moment this week: We had a great week all together! I spent a lot of time with my family in Asheville for New Years Eve which I will recap soon. We came home with a TON of stuff for baby boy. I am so excited to get his things organized!
Miss Anything? I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss the champagne and wine over NYE and the rest of the week on vacation. {Didn't miss the hangover New Years Day!} However, at the end of the night I am always happy to climb in bed and dream about this sweet boy! Being able to have a drink pales in comparison to the joy I feel thinking about him.
Movement: Strong movements and turns. He found my ribs this week! 
Food cravings: This is a funny story. For the last football game in November, we were coming up with snack food for the tailgate. Pregnant Katie mentioned to my Dad and Stephen to get some cheeseballs {the cheetos in the ball form}, I guess you can call that a craving. They didn't have any at the store so they bought two bags of regular Cheetos instead. Fast forward to Christmas...when I got home my Dad had found a gigantic plastic container of cheeseballs. However, I wasn't the only one who enjoyed them!! The whole family snacked on them, they are irresistable I don't care what you say!
Symptoms: My doctor gave me the option of a prescription for Nexium or Prilosec at my last appointment for my severe indigestion/heartburn. I went for the Nexium until I found out how expensive it was, even with insurance! It can vary, so that's not true for all insurance plans. I started Prilosec last week and 8 days in I am like a new woman. Even after the doctor prescribed it for me I wanted to hold out, if at all possible. It just got so bad, and I couldn't handle feeling sick all day long any longer!
Have you started to show yet: Yes, had my first stranger tell me congrats! Ha, awkward moment.
Gender: Loving our baby boy so much!
Labor Signs: No but I am starting to wonder exactly what Braxton Hicks feel like. I might have had some of those, just not sure yet.
Belly Button in or out? It's still in but that could change any day.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and so thankful.
Looking forward to: I had such a great holiday vacation but I am very happy to be home now and start the New Year. We have some nursery projects in the works for this weekend. Stay tuned!

Last but not least, Happy New Year to all of you!! Here is what has me inspired for the New Year. What about you?

via

via

via

It's back to work for me today....xoxo.

9 comments:

Cotton said...

The photo you took is a perfect pregnancy photo! I know you were asking about that a few weeks back and I really think the sweet aura fits you so well!!

Also, Cheeseballs are the best! You can buy the big tubs of cheeseballs at Target! When I was Risk Manager for my sorority, I always boughtthem for sober food ;)

Laura said...

Love that photo! Happy New Year! :) xo

Sweet, Pink and Preppy said...

I love the picture!! I can't believe how time is flying...you look great!!

Hilary said...

Love this photo! Happy New Year! Where was this beautiful pic taken??

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Great picture:) I've been in leggings all week too! Def need to pick up some new sweaters.. I missed the champagne toast on NYE, but they'll be time for that soon!

pam {simple details} said...

Such a sweet photo, Katie!! I'm betting it will be one of your favorites! Wishing you and yours the BEST for 2013!

Nat said...

Love that photo!! So sweet! You are in the home stretch now. I so missed champagne and wine on NYE- but was so thankful not to have a hangover

Kiki said...

i love this photo!! stunning isnt even a word to describe it!! Happy new years!!!

XOXO
glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

April of Smidge Of This said...

I think that is the prettiest picture I have ever seen of you. Stunning, Katie! This is going to be an amazing year for ya'll ... cheers to meeting your sweet baby boy in 2013!