Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Baby Showers

I feel so lucky to have had two beautiful baby showers: one here, and one in my hometown. It worked out perfectly for two different groups of lovely ladies. I wish I had taken more pictures, but you know how those things go! I am officially worlds worst when it comes to an event!

I loved the simple, yet stunning arrangement for the food table. This shower was early and we had a delicious southern brunch: ham biscuits, the most amazing cheese grits, and breakfast casserole to name a few.





Some of my sweet friends:


Obligatory picture with my stork...can't wait for that bundle of joy!


My shower this past weekend at home was perfect! The mantel was decorated like this and I was in love with the diaper wreath my sister made! It's so cute, I hate to take it apart.


My younger sister, Steph couldn't believe we had already picked out that very same elephant for the baby. {Seen on the nursery to date post} Out of all the toys in the world, we had chosen the same one. We are definitely sisters! 



Cake made by Steph also...


With my roommates from college...both mommys! Thank you for all your advice this weekend too! 


I have a stack of these to go through: advice from everyone at the shower. I cannot wait to see what everyone wrote down. I'm saving them for a quiet moment to enjoy reading these kind words! 


Thanks for reading y'all! xo.

20 comments:

Mrs. Type A said...

Gorgeous showers! LOVE the wreath your sister made... so creative!

Lobster Meets Peach said...

Two beautiful showers! Love the flowers and the cake looked to pretty to eat!

In the Pink said...

The wreath is so cute!! Everything looked beautiful!

Carolina Charm said...

What an adorable shower. Love the stork and diaper wreath! How fun!

Katie said...

beautiful showers, the wreath is adorable and love the southern brunch idea!

birdie to be said...

Lucky you! Looks beautiful! Congrats!

Unknown said...

oh so cute! & exciting! can't wait until ours in February!

miss andrea lee said...

Beautiful showers!! and I love the Wilda!

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

Both showers look like they were perfect! Love your dress at the first one. You look stunning!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

Your showers looked gorgeous and so do you!! :)

Lisa said...

Wow, what gorgeous showers!! You look amazing and I love that dress :)

eas said...

They both look amazing! Too funny you and your sister picked the same toy. That cake looks beautiful!!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

How special! I loved your outfits in both too, such a chic momma to be!

pam {simple details} said...

Beautiful showers, I'll bet you had the best time bringing home your gifts and organizing them all in the nursery!

Veronika said...

You look wonderful! :) glad you had great showers!

Easton wife said...

You look so great love the dress and all the decor!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Look like lovely showers! That NC State jumper is so cute and that cake is almost too pretty to eat!!!

erica said...

Looks like such beautiful showers!! Loving the wreath what a cute idea. xx

Nat said...

Beautiful showers!! I bet your little boy is so spoiled with love and gifts from family and friends. You look great by the way!

natasha {schue love} said...

Love the showers..and you look adorable! Pregnancy is suiting you so well!!