Monday, January 14, 2013

Nursery To Date

I've been talking about it for months. I finally have a few pictures to share! Major, major things happened over the last week in the nursery and I am breathing a huge sigh of relief. The clutter and disorganization of things miscellaneously floating through the room was really getting to me. {Must be a side effect of pregnancy because I cannot tolerate clutter!}

Before I show you, let me tell you what I had in mind. I wasn't gung-ho on a baby blue everything nursery {and Stephen insisted it not be Carolina blue} so I immediately knew that grey would be a main color. I love the tranquil feeling, yet also clean look of a grey room. I did want it to be sweet enough for a baby, but also give him room to grow into. I think we have accomplished that so far and I think what we have planned to finish it will complete the look.

Lets go ahead and start!


I knew I wanted these Ikea Ribba shelves to display his books. Currently working on his book collection but we do have a start :) My brother gave us Sophie for part of our Christmas present. I love me some Sophie!


This is the crib and dresser corner of the room. We got his bedding for Christmas. I love the grey!!


Grey, aqua blue and white are his main colors but we have plenty of pops to keep the room lively.




He's already got quite a few friends in his crib! Of course, they are only there temporarily until he's sleeping in the crib himself!


Stephen and I bought this cute little guy the day we bought his mattress. I love his sweet lil' face. He also plays four different songs when you pull on him!



His dresser is starting to fill up! This will also double as the changing table. It has plenty of storage for clothes and neccessities. I didn't go the plain changing table route because I wanted something that would grow with him and not take up more space!

Another big change in the room: He got new carpet! This boy is getting the royal treatment already, I swear. When we built the house we went with a plain builder grade carpet and we want it all replaced just three years later. Little man got first dibs and we love this Mohawk carpet! What have I been missing out on...man!


I bought these bookends for his nursery, but since we have the shelves I'm not sure if they will stay or not. Once we have the changing pad in place we will see how much room we have for accessories like these.



The ceiling got painted and we also upgraded with some crown moulding. Once the walls, ceiling and trim got painted it really felt like a nursery! Stephen worked hard every night last week to get it done.



One last fun thing so far, I made these closet dividers for his sweet baby clothes! {Closet still has to be painted!} I will show you this simple project later on this week.



I hope you enjoyed the nursery so far. I am loving how it has transformed into a space we already love... and in just a few months we will have our sweet little man in here with us! More to come...

xoxo.

29 comments:

Nat said...

Love it!! It looks great- I love the colors you chose, the room looks so clean and simple and ready for baby!

Morgan Neal said...

So cute! Love the simplicity. Where did you get those hog book ends. My husband would love those!!

Mrs. Type A said...

Wow, it looks lovely!

Amy said...

very cute! Where did you find your crib?

In the Pink said...

Everything looks great!!! I love the closet divider idea - such a good idea!

Carolina Charm said...

This room gives me baby fever! I love that you went with the grey route! The Corduroy book, closet dividers, the bedding, the toys, oh my!

The crib is perfect. Oh, and i love that you painted the ceiling and added the molding. That rooms has gone through a seriously amazing facelift. You should post before/after pics!

What else do you possibly have left to do? It's perfect! Great job to you both! xo

KatiePerk said...

Loving it!!It is beautiful!!

Dana Frieling said...

So fun! It's really looking cute, Katie.

pam {simple details} said...

I've been waiting! :) It's perfect in every way ~ can't wait for all your finishing touches!

Unknown said...

love it so far!

Heidi {Tales From a Suburban Housewife} said...

You are off to a great start! Love the gray!

Lisa said...

I LOVE this look!! Such a calm and peaceful room.

megan said...

Looking great so far!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I love his bedding!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

You did SUCH a good job! Where's the bedding from?

April of Smidge Of This said...

Good gracious sweetie, awesome job! The crown moulding looks superb and I love the clean, fresh feeling of the room. He is going to be a very zen baby with such soothing colors! :)

Letters from a Mermaid said...

Your hard work has paid off!

This is an adorable nursery :)

la petite fashionista said...

i love all the special touches you have in the room-- from the sweet bookends to the clothes dividers and that amazing floating shelf for books!

what a lucky little baby:)
xo

eas said...

I love his crib and bedding! Snuggle Puppy was one of my favorites to sing/read to our first daughter. So excited for you!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Absolutely precious. So excited for you!

Courtney said...

What a gorgeous nursery!! I love the color choices, so serene!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I love the color on the wall! What is this shade?!

Amanda said...

I love love love the gray wall color! such a cute nursery :)

Melissa said...

ugh, that's SUCH a cute little nursery! lucky baby boy!!!!!(:

Megan said...

It looks absolutely precious!! I can't wait to see more. Isn't it the best feeling to just sit in there and stare at everything?!

Amanda said...

Amazing!!! I want to be a baby so I can live in this room. You're quite the decorating queen :) One day, I'm definitely going to need your help. I know I've said that before, but it's true!

Beth of designPOST Interiors said...

So adorable~ I especially love those NCSU booties...go Pack!!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

How did I miss this post?! I'm in love with the nursery! I wanted to go with the gray and aqua color scheme for a boy as soon as I found out I was pregnant! I love the dividers..where did you get them? Also.. good idea for crown molding. It realllllly adds character to a space. We just purchased the Chicco Travel System this weekend. The Car seat had the best reviews.. but boy are you right about it being heavy. Can't wait to see more posts:)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love this tranquil room! My favorites are the books and that blanket draped over the side of the crib!