Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Camera / Christmas / New Years

Better late than never right? Here's a peek at our Christmas and New Years. Stephen got me a new camera and let's just say I played with that thing for two days straight! I still have a ton of learning to do but I am loving what I have picked up on so far. I haven't had time to do much editing either, but I figured you would want to see these in January rather than February.


Prepare for dog picture overload. I ended up using all of the dogs as my muse for the photos- they were fairly cooperative and I loved getting their pictures! 




My sweet niece woke up briefly for Christmas photos...




Dixie wore some Christmas jammies.



And somebody fell asleep again...


Christmas Day we spent some time on the farm.




The next weekend we had a trip planned to Asheville, NC for my last long trip before the baby comes. My doctor doesn't recommend long travel after 30 weeks, I know each doctor varies on their beliefs for that issue. 

The cutest gingerbread house greeted us upon our arrival. We stay at a club that my Grandparents became members of long, long ago. Now my parents are members and we love visiting with so many memories already in place.


You may recognize this tree from a recent bump pic?


 A night out at the Biltmore for dinner...



New Years Eve I wore my first preggo dress! 
I bought this back in November thinking I would need it a lot sooner for parties in November and early December. Stephen clearly loves his hat I made him wear ;)



If you follow me on instagram, you saw that we took my Grandma to her retirement home party after our nice NYE dinner. This was totally unexpected but totally worth it. Yes, we spent part of our New Years Eve at a retirement community! My brother made sure to tag us on facebook that we were there too, I'm sure a lot of people laughed when they saw that one. It actually ended up being pretty cute to see. My Grandma was on top of the world that we took her! 

You can see the older folks exiting the party at 10 after the "ball dropped"....too much.



That pretty much sums up our holidays in a ton of pictures, are you still with me?

Also, I would love to hear your favorite photography site {user friendly for camera dummies like myself}, your pinterest board for photography tips, and any other advice you might want to pass my way!

To follow my photography pinterest board, see here

xoxo.

16 comments:

Amber said...

www.ILovePhotography.com will be your new best friend. A wonderful forum with beginners to top professionals. Lots of great information is available on this site.

Also, I highly recommend the book Understanding Exposure.

Let me know if you are interested in discussing newborn photos!

Mrs. Type A said...

That is beyond sweet that yall took your grandma to her party--- and that they "dropped the ball" at 10 :) adorable!

pam {simple details} said...

SO sweet that you partied with your Grandma and her friends! Way to bokeh, too, your photos look great already!

In the Pink said...

Katie these pictures are great!!! I love that you hung out with your grandma on NYE! I'm sure it made her year :) You are still the cutest pregnant lady that I've ever seen!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

gorgeous pictures! what kind of camera did you get? I've had mine for over a year and STILL trying to figure it out. I'm technology challanged lol

Cotton said...

that photo of you two at the biltmore is perfect!!

Miss Southern Prep said...

Love the photo of you and Steven at the Biltmore! And how sweet that you took your Grandma to her party on NYE! Loving all of your pics!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

It looks like you had an awesome holiday!! Your pictures are great! Be sure to share some photography tips as you learn them...I've had my camera for a year now and I'm still trying to learn new things!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

That is exciting about your new camera! The first class I ever took was with www.kateyestudio.com and she is now offering her 'photography basics' for free. It is a really good way to learn about the different functions.

Nat said...

Looks like a great holiday! I feel like I really need a nice camera now but I'm so clueless about them and I'm not the best picture taker. So sweet that you took your grandma to her retirement home party, I bet she was so happy. Yay for your last pre-baby trip!

April of Smidge Of This said...

Ahhhhhh, beautiful pictures! Which camera did you go with?

Check out Fro Knows Foto on YouTube ... not only is he cheesy-funny, but he has really good information!

Letters from a Mermaid said...

beautiful photos! your camera is great!

I see you love your black lab too :))

Lisa said...

Great pictures!! Hope you are loving your new camera! It's such an addiction :)

la petite fashionista said...

yes!! i am so reading the comments to your post because I just received a nice new camera as well.. i can't wait to learn all the tricks of the trade. and am definitely wanting to learn some of the basics as well.

hope your enjoyed your babymoon :)

xox

erica said...

awww how sweet that you spent time at your grandmas retirement home NYE Party! Love all your outfits! xx

erica said...

awww how sweet that you spent time at your grandmas retirement home NYE Party! Love all your outfits! xx