Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Cocktails + Dinner


Nine times out of ten I prefer a glass of wine over a cocktail, but I felt like trying something new Saturday night. I almost never make a cocktail at home {hence, the leftover mini bottles from my bachelorette party that has been in the freezer for two years?! Does it ever go bad??}. 
Anyway, I ended up with a Pomegranate Lemon Martini!

Here's what I used:



POMEGRANATE LEMON MARTINI
-2 parts sparking ICE lemonade {found in the flavored water section}
-1 part pomegranate vodka
-Add one lemon wedge and enjoy!

This is also a great low calorie drink since the lemonade has zero calories! I think this would be a great drink after a hot day, make sure it's nice and cold:)

That night we also had one of the best meals we have made in a long time. Being on the coast, we really should take more advantage of having the freshest seafood readily available, but we do take it for granted most of the time! Stephen grilled some marinated shrimp for us as an appetizer and yes, we ate all of them {the dogs had some as well} We use Italian dressing as a marinade- one of the best and easiest ways!



Here is one of our favorite recipes for grouper, but you could really use this on any white fish! This came from our Coastal Living Cookbook.

HEAVENLY BROILED GROUPER
-2 pounds grouper fillets
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-3 tablespoons chopped green onions
-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
-1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
-1 garlic clove, pressed
-1/4 teaspoon salt
-Dash of hot sauce

Place fillets in a single layer in a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan. Stir together cheese and remaining ingredients; spread over fillets. Broil 5 1/2 inches from heat 10 minutes or until lightly browned and fish flakes with a fork. Yield: 6 to 8 servings.







We served ours over jasmine rice and with a Caesar salad.

I know a lot of people are skeptical over seafood and I was once that way too. You really have to try it freshly caught if you are a skeptic!  I kid you not, this recipe is perfection and you must try it! 

So if you are a seafood lover like me, do you have any recipes to share? Or any easy cocktail recipes that you have put together on a whim? Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday! xo.

12 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

That cocktail sounds delish! I am always looking for new low-cal cocktails to try. That dinner looks pretty yummy, too!

pam {simple details} said...

I'm mostly a wine girl, too. I've never tried the Italian dressing for a marinade, they look fabulous!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

I'm not a big cocktail drinker either (usually drink wine or beer), but that looks very good. I will have to try that recipe, we love seafood.

eas said...

Anything with lemonade is good by me. Looks like a yummy dinner! I just cannot get into seafood-wish I could.

CALLIE said...

I need one of those drinks, stat!!!! Yummmm

Hilliary Meisner said...

That cocktail sounds delicious! I am going to have to try it sometime!
And your meal looks amazing!

Laura said...

The food looks amazing! The cocktail sounds yummy too :)

Paper Moon said...

i love prawn, and that looks delicious. x

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Ill be over tonight for a cocktail and some seafood, it all looks amazing! My new favorite seafood seasoning is old bay blackened seasoning. We made grilled/blackened mahi mahi tacos with it the other day and it was so good. Recipe coming soon :)

Miss Southern Prep said...

That cocktail sounds perfect for a summer night! And your dinner looks delish--fresh seafood is the best!

daniela said...

The grouper looks amazing! thanks for the recipe, I love seafood so I'm definitely going to try it soon :)

http://thegoldenavenue.blogspot.com

A room with a view said...

I have to pin this recipe. Anything with hot sauce is a winner and this looks healthy, too. Thanks for sharing!