Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Finds: Facts About Me!


I have to admit I have been a bad blogger! I just got tagged for the third time in this questionnaire that I neglected to answer until now...so I combined the questions/answers from the three lovely ladies who tagged me. I would have answered all 33 but I was scared you would never read my blog again from boredom! Please understand! Here it goes!

Thank you to KateSarah and Hiliary for asking me to join in on this!!

1. Why did you start blogging? Somehow I had stumbled upon Centsational Girl and loved every single thing about her site. I do love a DIY project, but this blog confirmed my other loves...fashion, interiors, and food! 

2. Where did you go to college and why did you choose it? I went to Meredith College in Raleigh, NC. I grew up in Raleigh and never once thought I would attend Meredith. I remember sitting at home looking up colleges and my mom made me look into Meredith. I did and once I saw the fashion merchandising program I knew where I wanted to go! There are no sororities at Meredith, just good girl friends, and I have a fabulous group! My little sister went there as well and had the same experience.




3. Do you love your job/what is your dream job? If not, what would you rather be doing? I do have a pretty good job and some days I do love it! Some days I wish I was a magazine contributor, some days I wish I designed jewelry, some days I want to be an artist....I'm a dreamer :)


4. What does your dream home look like? Well if you looked at my pinterest board you might be confused. I love bright colors, but love neutrals. Love traditional but admire modern. I like a mix! It would require a big front porch with a swing and rockers, white picket fence, beautiful gardens, fabulous bookcases, dream closet, white kitchen...



5. If you had a large sum of money to spend on yourself, what would you buy? I would probably decorate my house as much as I wanted, buy some clothes and of course, a new handbag!

6. What do you enjoy most about blogging? Meeting new friends and learning every single day! I enjoy every single comment and love hearing from my friends and family that read it too.

7. What is one thing you cannot start your morning without? I start my mornings with coffee and usually a breakfast bar.

8. If you could live anywhere in the World where would you live? I love where I live, and I love Raleigh. In the summertime, there is not a better place to be than where I live. I also have a thing for Charleston, that would be such a fun place to live!


9. Who are your style icons? Audrey Hepburn, Tory Burch, Coco Chanel. I did my very first fashion project in high school on designer Vivienne Westwood, which started my love of design. I had to read her book, she's a pretty crazy lady!



10.What's the best vacation you've been on? Honeymoon! We went to Ocho Rios, Jamaica which was kept a surprise until the day of the wedding when Stephen sent over my wedding gift. 
It was paradise.




11. What is your food weakness? Mexican, Bread, Chocolate Chip Cookies...


Hope y'all could bear to read all of those answers, thanks for reading even if you made it through just a few! In order to pass this along, here are my questions and bloggers tagged. If anyone else wants to join in please do!

1. What made you start blogging?
2. Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
3. What is your favorite quote?
4. What is your most treasured piece of clothing/accessory/jewelry?
5. What does your dream house look like?
6. Best vacation you have taken/or dream vacation?
7. What is your ideal Saturday?
8. What is your favorite food and drink of choice?
9. Where did you go to college?
10. Would you rather have a dream closet or a swimming pool {audrey hepburn!}?
11. What is your dream job?

and the bloggers are...


Happy Weekend! Hope you all have a beautiful one with lots of fun in store! xoxo

13 comments:

A room with a view said...

Great answers - love learning about other bloggers. I love Charleston - we have spent a few summers on Kiawah Is (one week) and the water is fabulous. I love mexican, too!

eas said...

Those pics of you and your husband are so sweet! I would have a house in Charleston too-love that city! Happy Friday! Thanks for tagging me-I'll do it next week.

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

I had a few friends that went to Meredith & they loved it. Looks like a great group of ladies. You & your husband are so sweet together. I loved learning more about you in this post & thanks for tagging me!! xo

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Come visit in Charleston! Make sure you link up with Hubs in the Hot Seat!:)

Ashley {styleash} said...

I think some of my favorite posts are the ones where I get learn about other bloggers. Your honeymoon sounds like utter perfection- and how cute is it that he kept it a surprise? Love! Also, thanks so much for the tag. I can't wait to answer these questions on my blog next week. Happy Weekend! xx

pam {simple details} said...

You two are adorable! Our dream homes would look very similar! I also share the love for Mexican food, I think my family gets tired of me suggesting it EVERY week as our night out! Thanks for tagging me!

birdie to be said...

What lovely pictures! I seriously love it all! Beautiful story!

Sarah said...

Yayy! I love your answers :) For some reason I thought you lived in Charleston already....whoops! You're definitely closer to me than I thought....ummm meetup soon?! I think so!

oh, and mexican food & choc chip cookies are my weakness too! guess we know what we'll be munchin' on! hahaha

happy friday! xoxo

his little lady said...

oh goodness, you and your friends are simply gorgeous!
and how much fun to go to jamaica! i bet it was incredible!!
xo TJ

Amanda said...

Thanks for tagging me, Katie!!! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to answer my own questions. Oh and those vacay photos are wonderful!

CALLIE said...

Loved getting to know you a little better!! O, how I miss Jamaica. We went to Montego Bay on our honeymoon.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Great answers! You and your girlfriends are just beautiful. Charleston is our hopefully retirement place too.

Miss Southern Prep said...

I almost went to an all-girls college, too! One of my friends did, and she's made such amazing friendships! If I had an unlimited amount of money, I would decorate my dream house exactly the way I wanted, too! And throw in a Birkin bag haha!

P.S. LOVE your blog! It's so cute! Have a wonderful week!