Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Get the look for less!

Morning y'all! I have always wanted to do a post on this, but I wanted to wait until I found something worth posting on, so I'm excited to bring this to you today! 

I did a double take last night when I plopped the mail down and saw this cover of the latest Crate and Barrel Catalog. The pillows looked strangely familiar...

Here's the 23" raspberry pillow from Crate and Barrel, priced at $79.95.
And take a look at my bed...

Yep, same raspberry ikat pillow! I bought my 16" pillow last fall on etsy for $34.00. I know this is a smaller pillow, but it is significantly less {more than half as much} and I got "the look" for "less". The seller who sold mine is Pillow Mio, I just looked and I did not see the same pillow but the site is worth looking at for other beautiful designs. I happen to have a pillow fetish, so I'm always keeping an eye out for more!

I did a little scouring and found other pillows made from this fabric here and here, all still significantly less than Crate and Barrel. Etsy is such a wonderful resource for pillows! 

Have you found any great deals lately? Hope you enjoyed! Have a great Wednesday...xo




14 comments:

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

Love that patterned pillow! And love etsy for finding those "look for less" deals!!

Nicole {Appalachian Charm} said...

Wow that is a big different and they look identical to me! I did a post on pillows recently & can't stop shopping & looking at them!!

Ashlee @ They Lived Happily Ever After... said...

Great find, girl. Gotta love etsy!

pam {simple details} said...

This would be a fun series! (Hint!)
I have a thing for pillows, as well, great find!

Emmett Katherine said...

It's always awesome when you find something you love for way less! I like your ikat pillow, looks just like the crate & barrel one!

Sarah said...

I love crate & barrel but they can be expensive on some things. Thanks for sharing your great find with us!! :) I love that pattern.

henning love said...

wow you scored on the price of yours! love the pattern of the pillow and it definitely provides a pop of color on your bed!

erica said...

Loving the pillow! I always love what crate and barrel has, but their prices are sometimes out of control. Since I moved from Michigan to Pennsylvania I feel like this place has NO good deals ever! xo

Jessica said...

Good for you getting a bargain! Crate and Barrel is awesome but so overpriced - I love using their catalogs for inspiration. :)

Hilliary Meisner said...

That is awesome! I love those pillows!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Awesome! Cheaper and supporting someone's smaller business. I look on etsy for everything!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

So glad you found this! I love great finds that cost a reasonable amount. It looks gorgeous on your bed!

Nat said...

What a steal! I love looking at Etsy to see if I can find a cheaper version of something first!

Laura said...

It's a gorgeous print, great find! :)

Laura xo