Monday, January 2, 2012

To 2012

Happy New Year everyone! I hope this post finds everyone enjoying their second day of the New Year and looking forward to all that is to come! Here is a quick photo recap of our New Years Eve celebration. We went out to dinner with a big group of fifteen friends, and celebrated "downtown" after that. We are in a small city, but I actually prefer a more low key celebration like that for New Years Eve. I found a black dress with a little beading on the neckline and painted my nails Turquoise and Caicos by Essie. Mint green is a little out of the box for me, but if you can't have a little fun on NYE, when can you?

Dinner with my hubby
With a few girlfriends after dinner
My friend Jenna and I, we wanted a photo of us bundled up in fur!
Toasting flutes in hand! If you look right above my head, you can see a red crab. This year, our town did a "Crab Drop" and it dropped at the stroke of midnight with everyone counting down in the street. It was actually pretty cute!

Our little cookie jar, I love the chalkboard on it!
So that was our NYE in a nutshell, we had so much fun with our friends! I wont lie, yesterday we were both very lazy and tired, so we hung around the house and napped, but we did manage to take the dogs on a really nice long walk. We also made sure to eat our black eyed peas and collard greens for good luck in the year to come (it's a southern thing, the collards are still growing on me...) So this brings me to a little list of goals for 2012- I'm not going to call them resolutions! 

1. Sometime in 2011 we began to take the dogs on frequent walks and I want to continue that all year long. This is not replacing working out by any means, it is an addition of exercise, but mainly for our dog's benefit more than our own. They love the word w-a-l-k!
2. I have several areas of the house I would like to tackle, but each of those deserves it's own little post so you will be seeing those in the near future. On the top of the list: paint almost every room, organize the laundry room and hopefully add chair rails and bead board in several rooms.
3. Health wise, we are trying to eat better by having salads for more meals. We actually started this last week and had salads for dinner three nights in a row! I feel like that was huge in itself!
4.On a personal level, I would like to see all of my relationships with God, friends, family and of course, my husband, continue to grow even better and stronger. That is always an important goal in my life.
5.This little blog is a great outlet for my creativity and energy and I enjoy it so much. I hope to see it grow and I also would like to finally take some time to paint and sell some of my art locally. I always say I am going to do this and it takes the backseat once we get busy here in the summer. Hopefully this winter I will have some time to do this.

So, how was your New Years Eve and start to 2012? I hope it was fabulous! And do you have any personal goals for yourself in the year to come? I still have a few things I want to recap from 2011 so I will be posting those over the next few days.

Happy first Monday of 2012!
xo.

11 comments:

Kate @ Daffodils said...

oo LOVE that dress (and the fur and the nails!). I wear mint a lot, but usually in the summer. It is such a fun color! Cant wait to see what 2012 has in store for you and hope to see some artwork appear on here soon. Happy New Year Katie!

Carly {a simple affair} said...

You and the hubby looked great this weekend-glad you had so much fun! I think I found a new Essie color I need to try now :)

Such wonderful resolutions for 2012...please do share some of your paintings on the blog. I would love to see!

xoxo,

Carly

birdie to be said...

I am loving your blog! Thanks for stopping by! Happy New Year!

Sarah said...

girl, you look hottttt!! I love that fur coat!! So glad you and the hubby had a fun time :)
I need to start taking Toby on more walks too. God knows he loves them to death.
And I didn't know you painted! How awesome! You should definitely use your blog to showcase your work :)

pam {simple details} said...

You guys look adorable and the evening with friends sound like the perfect NYE!

We're begging, show us your art, pretty please! :)

Amanda said...

You look so cute in your fur! And I love the color you painted your nails! I like that all your goals are realistic and are for better! Happy New Year, Katie!

Elle Sees said...

crab drop! love it. we had a peach drop here in atl.
y'all look so glamorous all dressed up!

Kristen said...

I'm so glad I came across your blog! Happy New Year!


Just when you thought...

alicia said...

you are so pretty! love your goals for 2012.

Meggan said...

what a fun night! i am absolutely loving your dress and fur coat! i need one!

Hilliary Meisner said...

Looks like such a fun evening! You look beautiful, and I love the dress you wore!

And how cute is the Crab Drop! Love it!!