Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Weekend in Pictures: Antiques, Painting and Vino

Good Morning y'all! I hope your week is off to a fabulous start. Here are a few little pics from my weekend that I wanted to share with you. First off, the weather was once again wonderful and just screamed "go stroll some antique shops" so that is what I did on Saturday afternoon for a little while. I had just read a really fun, interesting blog post by Pam at {Simple Details} and little animal figurines were fresh on the mind. I already have a pair of staffordshire dogs in our living room that I love, but I wanted something small and cute for my vanity. I found this dalmatian mom and pup and snatched it right up! That is one of the things I love the most about blogging, I am so much more inspired! After reading Pam's post I am happily using it as a perch for bracelets like this KJL one I got for Christmas! Aren't they cute?! 


We drank this wine, which was a Christmas gift from my sister and brother-in-law. It was so good, and is definitely on the keeper list. I'm happy to have a new favorite for special occasions! 


We painted our laundry room! I did the smart thing and bought four samples from Benjamin Moore and here they are on the wall. I will post soon on how it looks now, I love it so much! Paint really does make such an impact.


 And, apparently I didn't have enough sweets over the holidays and I made these little mini cupcakes in a heart muffin pan I bought last year for Valentines Day. They are funfetti, only the very best!



Today, I am off to Atlanta for the rest of the week for the International Gift and Home Furnishings Market! I will be sure to take lots of pics and share some exciting finds for the year to come. While I am gone I have a few lovely ladies that will be guest posting, so make sure to check them out! 
Have a fab week, xo.

8 comments:

eas said...

Okay I am loving that bracelet on the dalmation! Such a great idea. Now I need to find the perfect figurine! Thanks for the idea.

pam {simple details} said...

Katie, they're perfect! Thanks for the shout-out! :) I wasn't quite so lucky in my search...yet. Can't wait to see what's new from the gift market - have fun!

Hilliary Meisner said...

I love the bracelet on the dalmatian! That is great. These are all wonderful things, looks like a great weekend! Have so much fun in Atlanta, cannot wait to hear all about it!

birdie to be said...

Love the pearl bracelet! Happy New Year!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Love the little dog!Have fun this week, will have my post for you tomorrow :)

Carly Haslee said...

Great, great find to use for your bracelets! I want one. And hope you're having a great time in Atlanta!

xoxo

Sarah said...

Can't wait to see what color you ended up with in the laundry room! I love all things grey so Im sure its lovely!

Also can't wait to see your pictures from Market! Ive been to High Point a few times but never to the Atlanta gift one.

April of Smidge Of This said...

I love your sweet antique dalmation. I'm looking forward to some free weekends where I can get lost in antique stores!

We also painted this weekend -- we went from an ivory color very similar to yours to a medium greige color. Our dining room is the room that got the make-over. Paint is one of the best bang-for-your-buck makeover tools ever!