Thursday, April 28, 2016

One Room Challenge: Baby Girl Nursery Week 4

Here we are again, another week into the Spring One Room Challenge! We are busy squeezing in a nursery project before our baby girl makes her debut. Let's cut straight to the chase since everyone is short on time :)

Things that got accomplished this week:
-Walls painted
-New trim addition {to add to our crown molding}
-Crib Skirt made 
-Wallpaper, window hardware and new chandelier is here
-Fresh coat of paint on vanity

Things that need to be accomplished:
-Trim work painted
-Closet door 2nd coat of paint/new hardware
-Install wallpaper {my MIL is handling this, thank goodness!}
-Hang window hardware and drapes
-Embroidery detail on crib skirt
-Put together new chandelier and install
-Decisions made on wall accessories/finishing touches

You can see below the trim that we added. Loving the dentil trim. The original crown is at the top, then a gap, and then another piece of trim over the dentil. All of this will be painted White Dove by BM.


I'll be honest, I've been feeling quite scatterbrained about the nursery. One day it seems like it is headed in the right direction and then the next day I am changing my mind and coming up with another idea. I'm finally at the point where I want to get this all out of my head and into real life...ha! Does that make sense? I think after last night I am finally headed in the right direction with some decisions and that is a big relief.

Here is a peek at the inspiration for the crib skirt I made:


I loved this crib skirt but wasn't fond of the drop length, and I had my mind set on an adjustable length as the crib starts high and moves down. This was really a simple project- the ruffling added a learning curve but was otherwise easy. I love the detail of the embroidery and want to do that as well.


I also don't want to overdo the room, which is why simplicity keeps coming back around. I want there to be room to grow. Room for accessories and new decor as she gets older and accumulates more treasures from gifts, birthdays, and experiences. But, I want it to feel like a finished space at the same time, ready for her arrival. I know there is a happy medium in there somewhere and I intend on finding it! So, here's wishing everyone a good week ahead!

Catch up with the featured designers here and the link up here.

2 comments:

Madison Herron said...

That crib skirt is adorable! I can't wait to see the finished nursery. I'm absolutely loving what you've done so far. All of the pink and gold is so pretty.

Madison
All Gumption and Grace

Stephanie Chalk said...

You got this! I know it's going to come together just how you have imagined it! Xo, Stephanie