Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Favorite Sunrise Smoothie


Now that the weather is beginning to warm up a bit, I am much more likely to make a smoothie for my breakfast after a good work out. I don't know about y'all but I love a good smoothie. I can drink one down and feel full and satisfied {if I am having one for lunch I usually grab a handful of crackers to satisfy the crunch}! I tend to make one favorite over and over again until I am tired of it. {My old favorite was the Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake}. Lately, I am much more into cramming it full of fruits. This is my latest....and y'all, it is amazing!! I made one for Stephen yesterday and asked him what came to mind as he tried it. He said tropical drink. So, if you want a really refreshing treat and want to pretend you are beaching it for the day, mix one of these up. There is something so refreshing about the combination of pineapple, orange and banana. Feel free to mix up the proportions as well according to your tastes. If you prefer more banana, use a whole one instead {I usually stick the other half in the freezer for another smoothie} and use less of the pineapple. If you think it is too thick, add a little more water. I love that about smoothies- SO easy to tweak to your liking!

 I use my Magic Bullet to make all my smoothies. I've had mine over a year, use it all the time. It's held up great. I have also used it for grinding oatmeal, chopping spinach etc. If you are looking for an entry into the smoothie appliance world, I think it's a great one to start with!


SUNRISE SMOOTHIE

1/2 ripe banana
1 heaping tbsp honey vanilla greek yogurt
1/2 cup frozen pineapple pieces
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 cup water
6 small ice cubes (or 3-4 regular size cubes)

Place in blender or smoothie maker...blend. You can add ice, water or oj according to taste. Enjoy!



3 comments:

My Life as A Plate said...

Yum!! I have been on the search for new morning smoothies. I am adding this to the list :)

Laura Cox said...

This looks great! We make the same strawberry and banana smoothie every morning. It's really tasty, but I need to change it up. We'll be giving these a shot next week!

April of Smidge Of This said...

This looks sooo tasty!