Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekend Frugal Find

How was everyone's weekend? We spent our Saturday in Raleigh tailgating, and came to the realization it's still very much summer like weather here most days. I couldn't bear the thought of wearing jeans, sitting outside in the sun for hours {with no fun libations to be had} so I had the hubby run me by Old Navy on our way into town. I've seen a few bloggers talk about this dress, and for around $20 you cannot beat it. I tried buying it online earlier in the week but some of the smaller sizes were sold out. Find it here.


I'm all about boots with dresses. Do you sport that look? Riding boots, cowboy boots, they all work for me. Cowboy boots are always appropriate at our games, they are an old staple at this point. Mine are Durango and I've had them for years.


 I thought the dress was red and black {our team colors} but this one is actually navy with a deep pink. I can now pull the pregnancy card for outfit woes so I was willing to wear pink instead of red, a first! It was military appreciation day so it ended up being perfectly patriotic.


PS I also got my hair done Saturday morning which totally made me feel good. These days I am doing more low lights than high lights and it is so much easier to keep up with than being really blonde. And not having to do my hair Saturday = a good Saturday. 

I'm thinking about buying another color but will go a size up in the next dress. I won't be able to squeeze into this XS for long! 

Any new frugal finds you have found lately? 
Hope your Monday is a fabulous start to the week! xo.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that dress! I went to Old Navy last week and found a red wrap dress for $13! I'm planning on wearing it with boots and I'll add tights when it gets a little cooler out.

Cotton said...

What a perfect game day dress! Glad you were able to find it at the Old Navy!

erica said...

That dress looks great on you and definitely does not look like a $20 dress. Old Navy has had some fabulous items lately. xo

pam {simple details} said...

I wasn't ever sure if the dress/boot look was more of a Denver thing ~ guess not, but I love it and that cute dress!

Mrs. Type A said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

That dress looks great on you!! Perfect for Fall :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

What a cute dress! I tried it on in the yellow/navy combo but I was already getting a few other things that were on sale so decided to hold off on that one until it goes on sale (not that it isn't already priced so well!).

You look great as always -- so teeny, too!

Laura Wyatt said...

i have that dress in 2 colors :) haha i love it!

i just got my hair colored a little darker as well. i went with a subtle ombre and it's SO much easier to maintain! yours looks great! SO natural!

Laura said...

You look gorgeous, hope you had a great weekend xo

Anonymous said...

Katie you look great! Your hair looks fab!

Minted Glam said...

Love that dress - it looks adorable on you! New to your blog!

Katherine

http://mintedglam.blogspot.com

Courtney said...

I guess I'll be going to ON today to get that dress, it's adorable on you!