Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Goodbye White...Hello...?

It's that time of year now ladies, transition season. Have you stowed your white jeans? I'm a huge fan of mine and it is sad to bid them farewell until next Spring. I'm not sure why but I always struggle with what to wear next. Suddenly, my wardrobe feels extremely limited and I feel like I dress like a slob for a week to come. This year, I love that people are breaking this rule, little by little. I think it all depends on how you pull in your heavier fabrics and fall accessories to make it work for you.

So, my question is- first of all- Do you abide by the white rule {I do not judge, in fact I usually break out the white before Easter} and two- what do you wear next?! It's still a good 90 degrees here people!

Until I figure it out, let's enjoy some telltale fashion signs of fall...




via

via

Stripes, plaids, animal prints and oversized sweaters...the gangs all here!

And I had to include this link to Carly's blog- she was right up my alley today making white work into fall!

Enjoy your Wednesday friends- xo.

9 comments:

Lindsay @ Lovely Life Styling said...

I love all your picks for fall! I'm a huge fan of oversized sweaters, plaid, boots and animal print! I also do not judge, but can not bring myself to wear white after Labor day...at least not white pants or shoes...I will still rock a white blouse and I love 'stone' or 'winter white' accessories/handbags in the winter...

Cotton said...

I still wear the white until daily temps get into the 70s/ below. We are still hanging in the 90s here in Florida! Then again, I have a feeling Florida might be the exception to this rule...

I love the idea of patterned sweaters and cardigans, like leopard, plaid, even lilly, to transition into fall! The bright colors make the transition a bit smoother.

megan said...

Not gonna lie...I am totally wearing white pants right now to work! But like Cotton, above, I feel that since I live in South Carolina, the temps don't start dropping until the end of October. I don't wear them every day or anything though... :)

CALLIE said...

I don't really apply the white rule anymore, being that it's still 100 degrees here in Mississippi. Besides... What really is the difference in today and two days ago ha? I personally think it's all to do with the weather, not the day!

Nat said...

It's still hot and muggy here too but I feel the pull after Labor Day to wear fall clothes! I'm trying to transition with long sleeves, shorts, and booties or jeans with tank tops and flats. I agree though that I get really stuck this time of year.

Anonymous said...

I use to own white jeans..until I stupidly washed them with red garments and then bleached them. Now I have cream jeans (they actually look great!) and I plan to rock those through the Fall. I'll hang them up though come Winter and stick with skinny blue jeans.

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Love this post! I don't typically wear white pants/shoes/dresses after Labor Day, even if it's hot as can be. I've lost my tan too, so white just washes me out! I want to get some skinny dark red jeans for fall!

Easton wife said...

Love it all! I have been known to break out white before Easter, especially this year when we had 80s in March. I think for me it depends on the temp. After Labor Day 80s or not I just want to give Summer the boot anyway so the pants stay up, but I do wear white/cream tops.

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

These pictures are really great!!! i had to pin a few :) I love the animal print cardi!

love K