Thursday, September 20, 2012

Outdoor Fall Decor + A New Treat

Welcome to Fall at our home! The fall planters are in and it feels so good to have the outside of the house spruced up a bit. Here is what would welcome you at our front door...


This is the wreath I showed you yesterday, for the tutorial see here.


And this little girl would be sure to welcome you too, as she was carefully watching me yesterday afternoon. Isn't she the cutest? Good, I thought so :)


My mum from the Farmers Market is looking good so far.
 I'm hoping to see it fully bloomed out and beautiful.



I enjoyed using a mix of planters that I had on hand for the fall look. I also snagged a new doormat at Wal-Mart for just about $6. Not bad.


On the back screened in porch we have our semi-new potting bench! I haven't had the time to share this recent addition, but I spotted it sitting outside a thrift shop on our way home from our first doctors appointment. Momma got a treat!


I planted some Dusty Miller in a weathered pot and added some mini pumpkins and gourds.


It reminds me of a little pumpkin patch!


The yellow clippings are just stray weeds from our hedge line along the woods. The bumblebees were all over it! More gourds and my favorite color pumpkin added life to our potting bench. Those gardening gloves get a lot of use and I'm happy to have a spot for them now.



Hope you enjoyed our outdoor decor. Now that the outdoors are tackled, I'm heading inside to finish up my fall decorating!

Happy Thursday Friends! Hope it's a beautiful day for y'all.
xoxo.

PS- Linking up to Southern Hospitality for great fall inspiration for the outdoors! 

20 comments:

Cotton said...

love how green and natural your decor is!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE love love the dusty miller idea! Everything looks great!

April of Smidge Of This said...

What a gorgeous front entrance. I haven't yet made the switch over from spring/summer plants to fall plants. My geraniums just started blooming again and they look lovely -- I can't bear to think of parting with them yet, but those mums are making me consider making the switch. :)

Andrea said...

What a gorgeous entryway!! I love your puppy too, what a sweet welcome :) I really need to work on our porch now!

pam {simple details} said...

What pretty additions for fall, and that potting bench - LOVE!! I agree, she's adorable!

Mrs. Type A said...

Love the potted plants at the front door and the gourds out back. I definitely need to hit up the farmer's market and pick out some gourds and mini pumpkins.

Casey said...

Ah, that does look just like a little pumpkin patch! So cute! I love it when little things like that come together :)

eas said...

Your front door entrance looks beautiful and I love your little pumpkin patch. You've motivated me to get to the store for some mums!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Adorable!! I love your new potting bench too!

Laura Wyatt said...

dusty miller! i've always wondered what it was called! i'm going to need a gardening/flowers 101 once i get a house/yard!

looks lovely, girlfriend! xoxo

Unknown said...

Such lovely and festive fall decor! I came across your blog because I'm one of Sarah's followers over at her blog (Simply Sarah Chic). Congratulations on your pregnancy! Can't wait to see updates along the way!

Carolina Charm said...

what a beautiful entry and back porch!! i love, love, love it. It is so welcoming and warm! It makes me kinda want to tackle my front porch this weekend.

I just saw that Food Lion is offering Mums for $5! Also, I love how you placed mini pumpkins on the back porch with the dusty miller! My goodness, you are on the ball this season! Aren't pregnant ladies supposed to be tired?? You are such a super momma! And now I feel like a total slacker!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I'm so excited that fall is here! I love your decorations!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful entry way! Love the wreath!

Claire @ a little something in the meantime . . . said...

Your seasonal decor looks lovely! I had petunias in my planters for summer but they were looking so pathetic that I was more than happy to switch them out for mums :)

I have to admit, your bucket with the apple text on it is my favourite part, but the potting bench is a wonderful find!

I hope you'll stop by to check out my contribution to Rhoda's party :)

erica said...

How cute is your porch and I love how you decorated your potting bench! xo

Erin {Home Everyday} said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I am absolutely giddy over that potter's bench. It looks so perfectly fall.

Unknown said...

Love your outdoor decorating, and especially the potting table! Good job!

Brooke said...

Love your fall entry way!

I just started following your cute blog!


=)


Brooke


P.S I have a cute little Puggle too!

Heather said...

I love that potting bench!