Thursday, September 27, 2012

Beadboard Inspiration








One of my favorite architectural touches to a home is the use of beadboard throughout. I am thrilled that tomorrow we are having some of our own beadboard installed down a busy hallway. Now is the perfect time to cross some major things off our list, which I will share soon! After searching for some inspiration, I was in awe of all of the smart uses beadboard can have. I had not heard of beadboard as a back splash in a kitchen before, but how pretty is that! And quite possibly my favorite is that adorable coral nursery with just a touch of beadboard along the bottom half of the room. If it were up to me our entire home would be covered in beadboard so it's probably a good thing I don't have that option! 

I've also heard of beadboard wallpaper which seems like a really affordable option for an area that would be used less in your home. Does anyone have a good source for this?

Are you a beadboard lover? I will instagram some pictures tomorrow if you want to see the results!
{find me at missdixie30} 

xoxo.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love beadboard! I also never thought to use it in a kitchen but I really like how it looks. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

The Pink Growl said...

I love it! We are looking to put this when we do our master bathroom redesign.

Nat said...

I love beadboard- I'm contemplating putting it around our house but I'm not sure yet where since we have an open floor plan.
Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

CALLIE said...

I LOVE beadboard!!! One of my favorites as well :)

Mrs. Type A said...

love the first entry way!

pam {simple details} said...

Such pretty inspiration, love the wallpaper in the first photo, too! I'm anxious to see yours!

erica said...

I love it! I can't wait to see how yours turns out. xo

Laura said...

Really like these photos! Can't wait to see how yours turns out :) xo

Unknown said...

Nice photos. :) I love breadboards myself. :)

hey, check my blog too!
i'm your latest follower, follow back! :)
http://ruraawr.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

I love that powder room -- there is something so pretty about the combination of the elaborate wallpaper with the beadboard!