Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Finds: Weekend Ideas

 A few things on my radar for the weekend....

1. I absolutely have to bake something for fall. I think this might be the winning ticket on my sweet tooth menu this weekend, pumpkin cream cheese muffins!


2. I guess I ran out of steam/time because my fall decorations still aren't done. And I keep thinking it will be time for Halloween in just a few weeks so I feel like I am lacking motivation. However, I may just skip over big time Halloween decorations and keep my fall out for a while. I painted these pumpkins the other night {inspired by Country Living} I have some finishing touches to do.


3. One thing that I am loving is that I have been reading each night before bed. I just finished up two of Emily Giffin's books that I had failed to read yet. I have heard good things about Gone Girl so I'm contemplating that for my next read. Who has read it? I don't like really creepy books so maybe it's not a good idea...


4. That beautiful bead board I told you about yesterday? The husband texted me at work and said he just read my blog post: the bead board doesn't get installed until next Friday. Bummer. Oh well, that just gives me more time to look for all the beautiful ways beadboard can work in our home. Our budget won't allow us to go overboard, but it's fun to dream right?


5. Something for everyone to remember. This speaks to me now more than ever.


Enjoy your weekend!! xoxo.

6 comments:

la petite fashionista said...

i love the enjoy the journey quote. just what i needed to hear today :) don't stress about fall decorating. i haven't even started!!
xoxo

pam {simple details} said...

Have a wonderful weekend doing all that brings you joy, Katie!!

Anonymous said...

I just baked an apple cake on Wednesday - it was super easy and delicious and it put me in the fall mood!

Easton wife said...

Love the pumpkins! I think I'm skipping Halloween also maybe putting something outside. Let us know how the muffins are sounds delish. Have a great weekend :)

Carolina Charm said...

I read Gone Girl over summer and LOVED it. You'll read it in two days it is so captivating.

Also, LOOOOOOOOVE the pumpkins!

Unknown said...

I'm a huge beadboard fan as well! I can't wait until we have a house to install it in :) New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts!