Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our Fall Wreath


This year I finally got ahead of the game and made my fall wreath on time to actually enjoy it! I knew I wanted something fairly simple, which in my mind included green moss and fall colored berry sprigs, with a pretty satin ribbon. 

I got everything I needed from Michaels:
-Grapevine Wreath Form
-Large Bag of Green Moss
-Five Stems of Berry Sprigs
-Green Satin Ribbon
{pay no mind to the wooden C seen below, you will not need it for this wreath!}

Things I already had on hand:
-Scissors
-Wire cutters
-Glue gun


I started off by using the wire cutters to cut off each individual "branch" from the stem. So what started out as five stems turned into about 25 separate pieces that could be arranged. I tucked them in the grapevine wreath as evenly as possible. At this point I was planning to attach the wooden letter because  I really wanted a monogram wreath of sorts. If you want to go this route, I had the moss underneath it to adhere better to the wreath. I also tucked just a few pieces of moss around here and there, but it still wasn't what I wanted.


Off came the letter and I went ahead and hung the wreath on our door. I started gluing away with more pieces of moss, just torn off of the large piece that came in the bag. This helped to cover up any remaining grapevine showing and also glue down the stems so they were hidden. Here is a tip: the moss is really messy, so doing this outdoors was really helpful for cleanup. 
I started playing around with the bow here as well.


Here is an up close shot of how it looks with moss and tucked in branches:


And finally after a bag of moss and several glue sticks, we have our wreath! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. The satin bow is the perfect touch!


Have you made a wreath for fall yet? This was such a fun, easy project I definitely plan on making more for the next seasons to come. 

XOXO.

12 comments:

Easton wife said...

Beautiful! I love how you used green!

Hannah said...

Beautiful! I like it better without the letter. Making wreaths for the different seasons is always one of my favorite things to do. I have no idea where I am going to hang a wreath at our new place, the main door is inside and the outside door is sliding glass.

Anonymous said...

I love this!!! I've been at Michaels the past two days for fall centerpiece supplies.

Mrs. Type A said...

I love it! I think you made the right choice with the bow instead of the C-- it looks simple and perfect! :)

Cotton said...

The green bow is a perfect touch! Love it!

KatiePerk said...

It turned out fantastic! Very festive!

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

So cute - love it!!!

Anonymous said...

You did such a great job! I love it, very Autumn :)

Andrea said...

It looks so great! I need to get on the ball and make a wreath as well!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Beautiful!! I love the moss mixed in! I used burlap on mine to add some of that texture! :)

Pris said...

Beautiful! I can't wait to make some fall wreaths soon!

erica said...

beautiful! I might have to make one myself. xo