Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Christmas Around the House 2015

Welcome to the Chalk House for Christmas! I hope you enjoy what I pulled together this year. I did a lot of bright red and green, with pops of gold in Weeks' playroom and then kept things fairly neutral in the redesigned living room! I love having two different looks but they flow really nicely. I cannot believe Christmas is next week...how about you? Come on in!


A new ornament as of last year that my Mom got for Weeks....


Comfy and cozy with throws and pillows!


Peeking over into the living room. I knew I had to have garland and bows on those beautiful bookcases this year!


Sweet little figurines and a musical mailbox that Weeks got for Christmas last year. It plays so many Christmas tunes and lights up- he loves it!


I moved my desk around the corner into the living room and set it up as a temporary gift wrap station. It is so nice to have everything I need right there and not to have to go plundering for tape and scissors! Make sure to check out the Christmas tags. My sister opened her own shop, Golden Script, and is a really talented calligrapher. They are beautiful!




The sleeping pup pillow...I adore! A new birthday present for me this year.


My sister also did the print in the gold frame, you can contact her for special orders! Can you tell I like seasonal throw pillows? Never met one I didn't like.



The little angel below is one my Mom made umpteen years ago for me when I was really young. I still adore that sweet thing! 















Into the kitchen!


Fresh rosemary is potted in a new blue and white pot I found at Ross- this is my secret spot for finding really, really cheap blue and white pots. Shh!


I painted the blue and white chinoiserie ornaments :)


The zebra in the frame is actually a tray I bought last year and framed! Cheap art! 
The other painting is done by me.




In the mudroom my paperwhites are going crazy and just beginning to bloom now.


Thanks for reading along and I hope you are enjoying the Christmas season....

16 comments:

Courtney said...

Gosh, what beautiful decor! Please feel free to come up to Pennsylvania and do up my home - for the holidays and every day :)

Ashleigh Jean said...

So pretty! I adore the wreath on the mirror, that's such a gorgeous idea!

xx, Ashleigh | www.fashioninflight.com

Elise @ Her Heart and Home said...

Love the ribbons around the ginger jars!! xx

P!nky said...

You have a gorgeous home, friend. Seriously, I love all of the fabulous touches, everything is so festive and elegant. My favorite are the Christmas pillows and the tree. You should link this up with our Christmas Countdown.

Jennifer said...

SO beautiful!! I just love it.....and right there with ya on holiday pillows! Thank you for the delightful tour.

Unknown said...

Everything is so pretty!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty ! Thanks for sharing :)

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

Your home is absolutely beautiful!! Your style is impeccable!

decordelirium said...

I love your tour! Just beautiful. I think we are soul mates. My tour had my Staffordshire dogs dolled up and I have the same chippendale chairs and my tour had a zebra! Great minds think alike.

http://decoratingdelirium.com/our-christmas-home-tour-2015/

Merry Christmas!

Vel Criste said...

Oh katie, your home is just decked out so fabulously! You've thought of every perfect detail you added for the holidays! Thank you for sharing your holiday home in the 12 days of Christmas Blogger Tour Link Party! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Katie! I love love love how you bring Christmas cheer into your home! All your sweet figurines and decorations, Weeks will love pulling those out every year, so special. Everything looks so joyful and happy, and I hope you and your husband and little cherub enjoy every bit of your home and the Christmas season!

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a happy home!i love the blues and whites mixed with traditional holiday colors. and that sleeping pup pillow- YES! adorable!

Emy said...

I love that sweet puppy pillow! His little pompom nose is too cute! Your home is beautiful.

Katie Elizabeth said...

Your house looks amazing - like straight out of a magazine!! Love all of your festive pillows!

Arielle said...

So festive and pretty! I loooove that woodgrain wrapping paper you're using. And I'm a sucker for calligraphy - your sister's shop looks fantastic!

historypak said...

New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. loft conversions teddington