Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Recipe: Easy Guacamole Dip

I think I have stated before that I love me some appetizers, especially in the form of a dip. I mentioned in our house boat recap that I whipped up a guacamole dip for us to enjoy. I needed something simple and quick, with a few ingredients. The first time I had this was several years ago when we were out on the boat...I of course asked this lady how to make it and when I tried her directions, it was definitely not the same recipe! Has that ever happened to you?  I have tweaked it and this is honest to goodness, how I make this dip.



EASY GUACAMOLE DIP

Ingredients:
-2 Ripe Avocados
-1/4 cup of Sour Cream
-3 Tablespoons of Salsa
-Salt and Pepper

Directions:
-Peel and mash avocados in medium bowl.
-Stir in sour cream and salsa
-Season generously with salt and pepper 
{I say generously, but I am usually really light on salt and pepper...so this is just more than what I usually add!}
-Serve with tortilla tips and enjoy!



Since this dip has sour cream, it is cold which makes it so perfect for a hot summer day. I checked out some other recipes, which use onions and peppers and spices, etc. The salsa gives you all the flavor and kick you need in my recipe. You can always add more salsa if you wish to do so. We enjoyed it so much on the house boat that I made it again Monday night.

Enjoy!

7 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Guacamole is one of my go-to quick snacks, your recipe looks delish!

Dana Frieling said...

I could eat that entire bowl by myself! We have a restaurant close by that squeezes fresh orange slices in their guac. Sounds weird but it's really good!

Sarah O said...

Thanks for sharing this great recipe! My favorite foods are always appetizers too. Can't wait to try this out.

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

YUM! I love guacamole anything! This looks so good - thanks for sharing!!

erica said...

This is the perfect recipe. I will definitely have to try it out. xx

Amy said...

I love guac! This recipe sounds so yummy and easy to do too! Also, I couldn't help but notice your adorable cutting board! Jealous!

Xo,
Amy @ herecomesthebelle.blogspot.com

Allyson McGuire said...

Ooooh this looks so good!