Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Short Story

The heatwave is finally giving us a little relief, but I am still in full blown "stay as cool as possible" mode. What have I turned to lately? I am loving shorts. And I am loving the way these ladies styled them. They step it up a notch with heels or booties, a touch of glam jewelry...and look effortlessly put together. 






I had a day trip to Raleigh yesterday and picked up a few pairs of these J.Crew Shorts, {on sale!} in navy and maroon. I think they will work well for casual looks going into fall when it is still as hot as it can be. Might even pair them with booties...stepping out of the box a little bit!


What are your tips for looking stylish in the heat of the summer?
xoxo.

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for sharing these pretty pictures....Shorts is really the way to go this summer!

Rebecca
www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

Amanda said...

Those J Crew shorts are my favorite. I'm also on the hunt for a pair of cream lace shorts :)

Jill @ ACharmedLife said...

j crew shorts are the best- especially when they are on sale :)

pam {simple details} said...

Cute inspiration, Katie, I tend to throw on a easy breezy skirt!

Anonymous said...

I wear my navy J.Crew shorts more than any other pair of shorts I own...you will love them!

Laura Wyatt said...

i live in those jcrew shorts ALl summer! love it!

Andrea said...

I love those pictures of the shorts & booties! I wear tons of shorts & flowy cotton dresses in the summer to try and stay as cool as possible. Have a great Wednesday!

Allyson McGuire said...

Oooh I love all of these!

Laura said...

Love all these looks!

Laura xo

Sarah O said...

I am in the market for some new shorts and I think those J. Crew ones are at the top of my list. Cute blog!

xo, Seldon said...

Love those shorts! They were our uniform shorts on my last boat and I miss them! xo

Kate @ Daffodils said...

I rarely wear shorts, need to do a few more lunges ;) But I love the idea of shorts and booties, so chic!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

One of my favorite summer looks is pairing wedges with shorts!