Friday, July 27, 2012

Weekend Plans


Well we made it to the weekend, finally! I'm super excited to have a weekend at home {it's been quite a while since we have had one of those} and I've got lots of things on my radar. Stephen is playing in the annual member/member golf tournament, which means I am taking the time to do a little shopping in a nearby city. Folks, there is no Target in this area which means I have to drive 40 minutes to get my fix. It actually works in my favor most of the time because I don't wander in there for one thing and leave $100 poorer every week! Once I tackle my to-do list I will be treating myself to some solo time on the beach. 




Also on my agenda...is everyone going to watch the Olympics? Summer Olympics are my favorite and I still remember loving the gymnastics from when I was little. I'm hoping to tune in a lot this weekend and get into it. Why not?


One thing on my list, is to finally add some fun to our chalkboard I made way back in the winter with my Mom. It's been hanging lonely and boring for months and I'm going to use these tips for spiffing it up.


And a deep thought for the day, go out and be happy this weekend! I admit that sometimes my thoughts venture on to the negative side but I really have been trying to be better about that lately. This is perfect.


Happy Weekend! xoxo.

9 comments:

Sarah O said...

How can you live without a Target?!?!? Although I agree that I wouldn't be so poor if I didn't live five minutes away from one. Have fun at the beach!

Anonymous said...

That chalkboard is adorable! Enjoy your weekend!!

pam {simple details} said...

Hope you share your fab Target finds and chalkboard art, I've been wanting to try it, too! I think your great quote would be fun on the chalkboard! :)

Morgan Neal said...

Love that chalkboard! Sounds like the perfect weekend! :)

eas said...

wow 40 minutes to target? i think you're right about saving $ though. since our move back east our closest is 20 minutes and it's not great so I drive an extra ten to a better one.

Have fun at the beach! that sounds divine, alone time at the beach.

goheels83 said...

hahah you are so right about the $100 thing at Target. Although lately, it's gone up to $150/$175 for me :/

I LOVEEEEE summer olympics too. If you want an interesting quick read, check out Dominique Moceanu's book, called "Off Balance". It's kind of an expose into the real world of gymnastics (but it also kind of ruined gymnastics for me - it exposes what really goes on for the athletes who train with Bela and Marta Karyoli).

Have a fun weekend!!

Sarah said...

You don't have a Target closer than 40 minutes away?! OMG I don't know what I would do. Mine is 5 min away...I guess I wouldn't spend as much money haha Enjoy your weekend! Beach time sounds fabulous :)

Anonymous said...

The quote from Marcus Aurelius is so true. Rid those negative thoughts. Have a faboulos weekend!

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.