Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Recent Finds I Love

Morning everyone! Did everyone have a good weekend? {I know I am a tad late on that question} We headed to Raleigh again and I attended a "Sprinkle" for one of my dear friends, Ashley, expecting her second baby girl. It's hard to get our whole group together so it was exciting to see everyone! How cute was this cupcake? It was definitely as good as it looked!


Saturday I shopped with Mom and I found this World Market "Flower Market" sign. {See similar here, on sale for $12.49!} I loved the flower stands on corners when I was in Europe, and this is just a little reminder of those. Seriously, why do we not have fresh flower stands on street corners here? I would visit almost every day.

This is a wall in our hallway that leads from the front of the house to the back. It's a gallery wall in progress and needs a fresh coat of paint- for sure.


The sunburst mirror was a DIY that I did last fall...


Yesterday, after reading A Creative Day, I hopped on over to Lands End to check out their sale items. I haven't owned anything from Lands End since probably my backpack in 4th grade, so I was pleasantly surprised. I scored these adorable shoes for around $20, originally $88! I am looking forward to a comfy shoe for fall. Everything is additional 30% off, ending today. Hurry on ladies!


I also picked up this shirt in Cozumel Blue for the hubs. He is pretty picky and usually likes a select few brands, so this is a trial run. For less than $20, it is worth a shot! My grand total for the two, with tax and free shipping was $38. Unreal.

I found some fabric that I love for the dining room pillows on the chairs with arms {currently being held hostage at the upholsterer}. If you missed my post on the dining room status, see here and here. I wanted to incorporate blue or navy to match our Tobacco Leaf salad plates. What do you think?


Found anything that you love lately? Have a great Tuesday! xoxo.

11 comments:

I Do Declare said...

In larger US cities you can buy flowers on city streets - for super cheap!

Miss Southern Prep said...

I love that blue fabric! And that cupcake looks delish!

eas said...

I love your new sign and that fabric is beautiful!

Sarah said...

I wanna come see your house, k?! I love your interior decorating skills :) And that cupcake looks amazeballs!!

Elizabeth James said...

thanks for the heads up on the Lands End Canvas deals- might have to snag the same shoes as well!

Sarah O said...

I'm new to your blog so you may have covered this already, but is that a sketch of your wedding dress on the gallery wall? What a fantastic idea! Would you share how you got it if that is what it is?

Pris said...

I so agree with you about flower stands, definitely wish they were more common! Love the fabric, I'm sure it will look great!

Laura said...

Love the fabric and that cupcake is adorable! :)

pam {simple details} said...

Yes, yes, yes to the ikat! Flower stands would be such a hit, why don't we have them?

Sam said...

I'm glad to hear I am not the only one who has an extremely particular husband when it comes to clothes!

Sarah said...

I loooove lands end canvas...really cute stuff and great sales!