Monday, January 5, 2015

The Holidays: What We Ate

To say that we ate well over the holidays would be an understatement...I swear everything that I put in my mouth was tasty. Some years the food is especially good and think this year was one of them. We spent the majority of our time at our family's homes instead of ours, so I wanted to make sure I could contribute in some way. Usually for me that means an appetizer or snack. I also needed a couple "neighbor gifts" that I wrapped up in cookie tins. I cannot believe it but I was pleased with every single recipe I tried out. A little nervewracking, but also fun to try new things that can be added to your recipe box! Enjoy what we tried, and please let me know if you do!!

I apologize for the lame pictures that were taken by me...but things were hectic and in many circumstances I barely had a chance for a photo before the food was eaten. Just a welcome circumstance of lots of wonderful people around me :)



Oh my word, I can't say enough good things about this dip. I've been wanting to make it forever and Christmas Eve was the perfect excuse! Please make sure to check out The Reedy Review for a full recipe recap and much prettier photos. I am a huge fan of dip and it often gets me in trouble...I just can't stop. This one actually seems lighter in a way. I will definitely try it again soon made with the greek yogurt version as Laura recently suggested!



Raise your hand if you love Peanut Butter Blossoms. Ok, go ahead and put them down now. They are the sweetest little cookies, turned out perfect, and they stayed so well just in a regular cookie tin for me over the course of a week during the holidays. Usually I am a stickler on locking/zipping all food up extremely tight at all times. Is that strange?

Sticky Pecan Mini Buns {photo credit Pioneer Woman}


These little sticky buns were a last minute decision to make and I'm so glad I did. I happened to see a Pioneer Woman episode on tv and of course she made these and it took her like 2 minutes total so I wanted to replicate that! Note: her recipe online actually lists instructions for making the dough, but I substituted crescent rolls from the grocery store and that turned out just perfect. They also stayed perfectly tasty for several days and everyone really enjoyed them. The perfect bitesize snack! I can see these being such an easy yet fun dish to bring to a brunch/bridal/baby shower.

We had a rainy weekend and decided to start some big house projects. Stephen was busy upstairs painting and hanging shelves, and I started working on the guest bath. Can't wait to show you what is happening in there! Let's make it a great week.
xo.


5 comments:

East Coast Chic {Natalie} said...

Yum!! I feel the same way about dips- I need to try that one!

KatiePerk said...

These all look very delicious! I like your sub on the mini rolls!!

Unknown said...

Yummy. All the food looks delicious especially that dip! I love a good dip anytime :)

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Those sticky buns look AMAZE!

Laura Cox said...

I'm so glad that you tried the dip! We had it over Christmas, too. You must try it with the Greek yogurt, you really can't even taste a difference. And thanks SO much for the shout out! :)