Monday, June 2, 2014

Currently List Making + House Progress


Welcome back y'all- can you believe it's June? Once again I feel like I am about three months behind. Literally, I feel like it should still be March. How does that happen? We had a nice weekend and I got to catch up with some friends in Raleigh for the weekend which was a really nice break from the norm. Norm meaning boxes and messes and endless painting etc. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining too much, but every now and then it does get to me. I decided last night that I MUST make a list to keep us on track. Too many little things were falling in the cracks and I would remember them at 10 pm. So here is where we are at this week...

Seeing all of your cabinets exposed to whats inside and things half painted in every room can really grate on your nerves. But, the good news is we are making progress. After all, it doesn't happen overnight. I gave a little sneak peak on instagram (@missdixie30) about the status of our kitchen cabinets. We were this close to giving them their real coat of paint after the priming and sanding process when I started doing a little research on how to give your cabinet doors a facelift. I just figured we had spent a ton of money on appliances and are deciding on new countertops. Why not go the extra mile and update the cabinets as well? My sweet Dad volunteered for the task and we are getting there. We took a load home of the doors and drawers that he has finished and Stephen and I will fill in some nail holes, give them another coat of primer and sanding and then we should be ready to hang them. Fingers crossed. I will detail the process once we are finished!


Other miscellaneous projects include giving our mudroom door (I love saying our mudroom!) a glossy coat of black paint. I have one more coat to do and it will go down as finished. I am actually loving this old brass hardware on the door. 


And last but not least, Stephen is building our kitchen island. I have been searching on Craigslist for some time now and every time I found a decent one it would be snatched up too quickly. So wish us luck that the legs will all be even heights and it's going to do the trick! :) This is the plan Stephen is following. We wanted something with a large work surface and at least two shelves.


Making the maiden cut...


And if you look closely in that picture you can see just how cluttered things really are around here. Here's wishing you all a nice, productive week! 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see how the cabinets turn out! I love a shaker door. I think they will look amazing!

JMO said...

Looking forward to seeing the progress!! xoxo