Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Around the House


Can you believe it is the week of Christmas? I really cannot. I feel like I've been prepping for weeks and months but I still have a mile long list of things to do. I'm trying not to get too stressed out though, I just want to enjoy the next several days with my family. Anyway, today I'm so excited to share a few snapshots of Christmas at our home this year!

I planted an amaryllis for the first time and used the same process as I do for paperwhites. Read about that here.


My favorite ornament on the tree this year :)


I love this vignette in our hallway. It is full of Christmas figurines that I collected several years ago. I also used a piece of my Fenton to hold a variety of Christmas ornaments...



On the plain red ones I took a gold pen and wrote little sayings. 



And in our living room,




In the nursery...one of my favorite spots! The nursery really lends itself to looking great with Christmas decorations. Read more about them here.



I found the cutest little wooden nativity set at Target.


And used my pom pom garland from last year's bump updates on the bookshelves...


I'll be sharing some Christmas wishes for you all tomorrow and then I am taking a break until the New Year. The holidays are too important and I want to savor each minute with my loved ones! I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.

2 comments:

BLovedBoston said...

Oh my!! Your house looks amazing! I especially love the little touch of writing on the plain red ornaments!! What a great idea! Merry Christmas!

http://blovedboston.blogspot.com/

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love all the decor- I am OBSESSED with the glam ornaments and garland in the blue and white dish!