Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas 'round the house


Before Christmas is over, I wanted to share a few more scenes from our home. I went a little lighter this year due to obvious reasons, but I have enjoyed the simplicity at the same time.

Starting off with my paperwhites on the coffee table, I enjoyed these the most.


We also got a new pillow this year. Reminds me of Dixie.


One of my Fenton pieces filled with silver bulbs...


The paperwhites needed a thick ribbon to hold them up. This red and white was my favorite this year!


I'm a sucker for a needlepoint pillow- classic. The motto for the season...


Since I'm not enjoying cocktails this year, I didn't need to set up a bar for Christmas. Instead, I made use of our cute coffee mugs! Ready for serving coffee and tea each morning. The Advent calendar on the fridge was made by my Mom- it's in the perfect place this year.


We store the extra ornaments in a candy dish and add an ornament on the tree each day.


My Mom also finds us the small ornaments for the tree- this was the one for 2012 from Hallmark.


I also made a pom pom garland for the window...


You also saw the other pom pom garland I made on my weekly chalkboard.


My other Christmas related posts can be seen here:

I will most likely be popping in sometime next week, but plan to enjoy as much time as possible with family over Christmas, and afterwards for a little much needed vacation!

Wishing you all a Very, Merry Christmas!

XOXO!




8 comments:

Nat said...

Love the paperwhites- I might need to add them to my decor next year!

megan said...

The decorations are simple, but beautiful! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas! :)

Meggan said...

The silver bulbs in a gorgeous vase are so cute! I love your chalkboard too! I have to update mine! xo

pam {simple details} said...

I remember first finding your blog this time last year ~ you're the sweetest, I couldn't be more excited for you two and your journey ahead! Enjoy your time off with your family, wishing you the Merriest Christmas!

Hilary said...

I have never seen silver bulbs - have I been living in a hole?! Merry Christmas!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Everything looks gorgeous! Love the silver bulbs and the pom garland! So fun!

Laura said...

Merry Christmas!

Laura xo

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the pom pom garland! I might have to make something similar with Valentine's Day colors!