Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sofa Styling

Did you all catch the article on Glitter Guide about sofa styling? As soon as I saw it hit my inbox I had to read further. First of all, this pink sofa is crazy amazing...why does a pink sofa not work in my house? Just kidding, I am really happy with my new white one I got for my birthday this past November! I do love the styling tips provided by Jamie of Furbish {crazy that her store is in Raleigh and I have never been!}. Here's the rundown if you missed it.


Add a textile first {love the striped below}. Start with a pair of 20" or 22" pillows on each side and add a different shape pillow in the center. Add a second set of square pillows..they can match or not. Either way you want one print that is going to tie it all together. Try to use the combination of one floral, one geometric and one striped...and mix scales. You have to go check the article out, it is a must read!

{via}

And for some more sofa eye candy, take a look at these.
{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}

{via}


I have a thing for buying throw pillows- I change them up by season and by holidays. It's a fun and inexpensive way to keep your look updated and fresh. The next thing on my list is going to be a textile that I can add to the back of our sofa, I love that. My favorite sofas are always an effortless look, inviting with fun prints and colors. Something that looks thrown together but chic!

And, thank you all so much for your sweet comments on our engagement and pre-wedding pictures. I was unsure if I wanted to share those on here, but I am so glad I did. Thank you so, so much for making my week! Hope you all have a great Thursday! xoxo.

10 comments:

CALLIE said...

I have so many throw pillows that Kendol finally cut me off HA!

viv said...

I need to buy some new pillows and get down to doing some styling! This article inspired me!

Sarah said...

I LOVE these designs!! I'm so picky about my couches because they have to be super comfy for me. That khaki colored one looks like you could just sink into it. Love that! haha

ps-left ya a little somethin' somethin' on my blog today. make sure you check it out :)

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I loved that article! That pink couch is beyond fabulous.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

Ah, Jamie can do no wrong. And your pics from the last post are so pretty. Great dress choices (again)!

navy and orange said...

love them all! beautiful photos and blog! found you from Style Notes!

xoxo navy & orange

Laura said...

I was the exact same when I got that GG e-mail! The pink sofa is fab, love the styling :)

Laura xo

Sarah said...

I am the same way about changing up pillows! I have to keep myself from buying more or else our house would be pillow crazy!

A room with a view said...

I love throw pillows - it is like a shoe or handbag obsession, I suppose. I love mixing things up, too. Thank you for sharing this - stunning examples, particularly the ones with the brighter colored pillows.

lizza kim said...

I was getting bore since morning but as soon as I got this link & reached at this blog, I turned into fresh and also joyful too.plastic patio furniture