Monday, August 15, 2011

Cooking Adventures

This week I made two easy delicious meals that I must share. We often find ourselves eating pasta several times a week...we just love it. So, I stepped it up a knotch and added a few more ingredients for a light, summer pasta. We had almost everything at home. The tomatoes came fresh out of the garden (we have been very creative in using all of our fresh tomatoes, we have a ton). The only thing I had to grab at the store was the fresh mozzarella and spinach.

There are really no set portions for what I used...use what you like in whatever amount you prefer!

EASY SUMMER PASTA

What you need:
Pasta (I used farfalle)
White Wine (about 1/4 cup)
Minced Garlic (I used 1-2 cloves)
Butter 
Olive Oil
Fresh Spinach
Sliced Tomatoes
Fresh Mozzarella Cheese (I cut mine into bite sized pieces)
Salt and Pepper
Parmesan Cheese 

What to do:
Boil water for pasta, cook according to directions.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put sliced tomatoes on cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Pop them in the oven to roast. I roasted for about 10 minutes. Mine looked like this when done.


Melt a little butter in a small skillet and add olive oil. Once heated, add your garlic and white wine. You are creating your sauce, so add however much of the olive oil and wine to have enough for your pasta. 
I threw in the spinach at the last minute so it wasn't wilted when we ate. 
Drain your pasta, and add your sauce, mozzarella and tomatoes. Top with parmesan cheese.
Voila, an easy, fresh summer pasta. 


Do you have an easy pasta recipe to share?

Enjoy!

No comments: