Friday, March 21, 2014

Five on Friday: Distressed Favorites + DIY Distressed Jeans

If you are like me you are loving all the distressed denim out in stores. I actually have a pair on order from Gap, but I wanted a darker pair as well. I had a pair of old skinnies I wasn't wearing anymore and decided to give it a go. 

From left to right- original skinnies, skinnies marked with chalk, and distressed skinnies.



My first step was to put on the jeans and then mark with chalk where I wanted to distress. After looking up some favorites online, I decided on the places above. Once your pants are marked {and taken off!}, put a piece of cardboard inside the jean where you are working. I used an exacto knife to scrape the surface, slowly wearing away the threads. Scrape with the knife going in a horizontal direction across the surface, so you will end up thinning the vertical threads. In places I wanted a slit, I just cut all the way through with the knife. 



Keep in mind yours will distress even more as they wash. This is after just one wash.


And here are my five favorite pairs of distressed denim you can buy right now! Love them all.


And of course linking up with the ladies of Five on Friday, The Good Life, A. Liz Adventures, Carolina Charm, and Hello Happiness


8 comments:

Elda Larrazabal said...

how fun is this tutorial!! I found you through the link-up! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
xo
Elda

Paige @ Reasons to Come Home said...

How easy is this tutorial? Thanks for sharing! # 2 was my favorite pair...may have to get those ordered. Have a great weekend :)

Molly said...

I'm always so nervous to do something like this. You've inspired me! Thanks for sharing.

Roman reigns said...

Great content material and great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting Gunmetal  

Unknown said...

Nice pics..Wow, excellent blog, I like this kind of jeans, maybe I can try this method. Thanks for your sharing
Black Blue Jeans

roman said...

Gunmetal
these designs look great
gunmetal denim jeans

jessica said...

This is the first time I am visiting your website. I would like to tell you that I am genuinely engaged by reading your blogs. Keep up the good work!
gunmetal jeans
torn jeans mens

jessica said...

Great Blog... The information you shared is very effective for learners I have got some important suggestions from it, Keep Sharing such a nice blog.
gunmetal jeans
stylish jeans for men