Monday, August 6, 2012

A "Fresh" Start to the Week

Few things are better than the smell of really fresh laundry. My sweet Mom gifted me with homemade laundry soap this weekend, which I immediately put to use when we got home from the beach yesterday. Seriously, it is incredibly amazing- even my husband commented he could smell the fresh laundry in the wash! 


Mom found the tutorial from Stone Gable, one of her favorite blogs to read. We spotted these Pier 1 canisters a few weeks ago, which hold it perfectly. The chalk board is an added bonus!


The soap is made up of Borax, Baking Soda, Super Washing Soda, Oxy Clean, Grated Naptha Soap and Downy Unstoppables. For the full "recipe" check this link. This made at least 3 of these large glass containers. Stone Gable says that you only need 2-3 tablespoons for each load. AKA this stuff is going to last me a while!



How is that for a fresh start to the week? I cannot wait to get my sheets and towels in the wash now! 

Thanks Mom :)

8 comments:

eas said...

That is really cool. You'll have to kerp us posted on how ir compares to store bought in the long run. I might need to try this!!!

erica said...

Oh my goodness how neat is this. I definitely might need to give it a try because I spend an insane amount on laundry detergent a year. I never knew if the homemade stuff actually worked. xo

Unknown said...

This sounds amazing.. I wonder if it is safe for septic systems? Im checking it out.
Thanks for stopping by our blog, Katie. Have a great week.
Nancy
Powellbrowerhome.com

pam {simple details} said...

I must say I wouldn't have been thrilled receiving laundry detergent for a gift...until I saw this! :)

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

Very cool! I've been wondering about making laundry detergent. Maybe this is the push I've needed.

p.s. Found you from Make Them Wonder :)

April of Smidge Of This said...

What a great gift - I love anything homemade. And if it can make laundry fun, then that's amazing!

Dash Interiors said...

What a great blog i am so excited I found it!! Excited to be your newest follower!
xoxo
Ash
http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

Sarah O said...

What a cool idea plus it looks great on the shelf.