Thursday, February 21, 2013

My Makeup Bag

One of my sweet readers requested I do a makeup post- how fun! I had not thought to do this and I was very flattered to say the least. I don't consider myself a major makeup know it all, once I find something I love I usually stick with it for a while. I do love to hear what everyone else uses, so hopefully this will interest you as well. Since being pregnant, I have been trying out more and more products, which has been really fun. Here's whats in my bag these days.

My Makeup Bag


Clinique Long Last Glosswear: I love this in Air Kiss. It's what I wear daytime and even if I'm going out to dinner. My lips have a lot of color already and this is a good compliment.

Lancome Star Bronzer: I always dust some on my cheeks, a little on the forehead, a tad on the chin. I use sunswept. I always need some color, this is a must.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush: I tried this on a whim and l-o-v-e it. I actually use a blush brush to apply it even though I think you could rub it on. It's darker than what I would guess I would pick but I love it on!

Lancome Cheek Brush: Similar to the one I use. I use two different brushes for bronzer and blush.

Clinique Line Smoothing Concealer: This is what I'm using right now, but I usually switch to something lighter in the summer time.

Clinique BB Cream: I started using this last summer (shade 02) and it has kept my skin fairly moisturized through the winter, and has built in SPF- something that is so necessary. I haven't tried other BB creams so I can't compare.

Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows: Been usin' it for years. Perfect for blondes with light eyebrows. I've tried other pencils and always come back to this one.


All About Eyes
 e.l.f Cream Eyeshadow: I almost always wear something in a sheer gold for my eyelids during the day. For $3 you can't beat it! This is really pretty in candlelight.

Chanel Eye Shadow Base: This is a splurge worthy base for your eyes! It's a wonderful base when you add more eyeshadow on top, but is beautiful alone too.

Too Faced Three Way Eyeliner: Still experimenting with this one. I tried it last week for Valentine's day at the root of my lashes and liked the results! I usually only wear eye liner at night, and occasionally daytime. 

Maybelline Eyestudio Eyeshadow: The latest eyeshadow compact I have purchased for my green eyes. I have liked the far right color for adding emphasis this winter. Not any everyday thing though.

Maybelline Illegal Lengths Mascara: A drugstore brand that gives really long lashes, but not a lot of volume. For me, it works fine because I have a thick set of lashes, they just need to be darker and longer! A lot of times I rotate back and forth between a tube of expensive mascara (see next) and trying out a drugstore brand. Makes me appreciate the nice stuff and makes me think about what works best for my eyes!

Chanel Volume Mascara: What I am currently using and love. Gives an unbelievably thick set of lashes. After trying my Mom's I asked her to pick me up some. Most of my Chanel products are chosen after my Mom and sister try them out! 


Whew! That was long, are you bored yet? Now it's your turn. Have you tried any of these? If you have, have you found anything you like better? I would love to hear if you post on your makeup bag- make sure to let me know if you do! 

xoxo.

10 comments:

Courtney said...

I love peeking into makeup bags and finding new products to try! Longtime fan of Air Kiss lipgloss.

megan said...

Air Kiss was my fave back in high school! Probably still is haha :)

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I've used Illegal Length, and I agree with you. It's better than nothing, but I prefer darker and thicker!

Courtney said...

Love your makeup suggestions! I have been using the Chanel mascara for years and love it! I'll have to try out some of the others! xoxo

pam {simple details} said...

I love posts like this, Katie! There are so many products out there a good recommendation is always helpful!

Lindsay Colvin said...

Love looking into others makeup bags and finding out about new products! This was great :)

Unknown said...

Great post! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try Benefit's new concealer called Fakeup.

la petite fashionista said...

I am a new convert to BB cream. it's perfect because it does the job of a foundation without being so heavy!

eas said...

I love the clinique BB cream also. Thanks for the tour of your make-up bag!

Natasha said...

i am such a makeup junkie that this post was NOT what i needed to see...off to buy more to add to the collection-HA! thanks lady ;)

love some of these essentials