Wednesday, February 13, 2013

{DIY} Custom Nursery Drapes

The newest project completed in the nursery: we have window treatments! I took a ready made drape and added the fabric trim myself. I was just so smitten with all the cute custom window treatments in nurseries now, I had to do it myself! I will show you my method in my best attempt at a tutorial later this week. What do you think?


Oh and I haven't shown you the sweetest bookends there ever were....




This table was a steal from a consignment store- but don't say anything just yet! It's getting a coat of paint, hopefully this weekend.


Still crossing things off the the to-do list. As you can see there is lots of room for things to be hung on the wall. Something I am so excited for, but I've been holding off to wait to tie it all together.

Happy Wednesday! xo.

21 comments:

Rachel said...

By far..the cutest nursery ever!

Katie said...

very cute! loving the bedding! where are the book ends from?

agalandherdog said...

Great job!

Nat said...

So cute! They look great- love the way the nursery is coming together!

Nat said...

So cute! They look great- love the way the nursery is coming together!

In the Pink said...

Everything looks great! Those bookends are too cute and I love the curtains!! Can't wait to see the DIY!

Unknown said...

oh my i LOVE those bookends!

Mrs. Type A said...

LOVE the curtains! :)

Dana Frieling said...

They add so much personality to the room. Super cute!

April of Smidge Of This said...

You did a fantastic job with them. Everything is coming together so beautifully and I can't wait to see what the big wall addition is!

PS: fun news for you on my blog post this morning :) Congrats!

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

Oh NO you did NOT make custom curtains. You make me feel like a Bum Miss Katie. Stop with the cuteness. I already have too much on my to do list;)

Oh Sunnie Day said...

I love the bookends! Too cute!!

xx

Jen

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the pop of color you added!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Love the pop of color you added!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

The curtains are adorable!

pam {simple details} said...

What a great job giving them a custom look, Katie! Can't wait to see what color the cute table will be!

Laura Darling said...

The curtains look great! And those bookends are precious!

Jess at Just Rainbows and Butterflies said...

Its all coming together! So excited for you!

Unknown said...

Your nursery room is just so serene; perfect for new born babies! I like the blue lining of your chosen curtain; it added a twist in the simple interior design of the space. You can also try other curtain color like baby blue or baby pink. They'll look good on your windows too.

-Roxie Tenner @ WindowTreatmentsPhiladelphia

Micheal Alexander said...

Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Nursery curtains

Glenn Hannan said...

I got here much interesting stuff. The post is great! Thanks for sharing it! Vertical Blinds Price