Friday, February 22, 2013

Four for Friday

1. The Hospital Packing List:
Since this is an event we can't plan for when it's happening, I like the idea of being prepared with my belongings and everything to bring along with us. I scoured lists online and compiled my own into a cute printable. Now, it's just packing the bags and buying more things that I need. Anything you brought to the hospital you wish you would've left at home?



2. Easter Baskets
Since I will have my very own little Easter bunny this year, I am looking for the perfect Easter basket! I'm so excited to have things like this to plan for with a little one. Since he will be most likely a week or less old, I'm thinking about packing it full of some things we need like wipes, a few bottles {sorry Weeks!} along with some fun toys and onesies. We already are spending a fortune on everything else so I want it to be a little practical, and obviously he doesn't need candy.




3. Meal Planning
Things have gotten really repetitive lately for dinners. I told you the other day I have made the same soups over and over again this winter. It's time for something new. I loved seeing Natasha's meals that she serves her family. I'm thinking the Poppyseed Chicken could be made this weekend?


4. Free Printable
I saw this printable for a nursery, but I think it would easily look adorable with "L is for Love" or your last name "C is for Chalk". You can customize with your background color. Love it and love even more that it's 100% free!


What is on the books for your weekend? 
Happy Friday! xo.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

i've started packing our bags too!

& I'll already made Miller's Easter basket! It is filled with a book, toys, onesies, and Peter Pan blu-ray :)

Laurie @ Stylin Savanna said...

I need to start packing a bag. The other night I woke up in tears freaking out because I had a dream I went into labor and didn't have anything ready. Any suggestions on what to put on the list?! and that's so exciting your going to have an EASTER BABY!!! yay:)

pam {simple details} said...

Of course you'd have a cute printable for your list! :) The Easter baskets are all too sweet, I'm sure Weeks will be happy with anything!

Alex Gladwin said...

I like your hospital bag list. And the free printable is really cute!

Alex
Bump to Baby

A Wedding Story said...

Must haves for the hospital for me were my own towel and washcloth, slippers, a robe, toiletries like shampoo and soap, a blow dryer, an outfit to take baby home in, a boppy, my own pillow, and maybe even a small snack basket with goodies you can much on post baby.

I did my hair at the hospital the morning of my daughters birth (I was induced), and then again the day after. I was really happy to feel like myself during the stay!

Katie said...

My biggest advice is to get your haircut or blow out around your due date! As for what to bring... yoga or comfy pjs, nursing bras, dry shampoo and your favorite toiletries, ipad or computer, blow dryer and a gift for the nurses, we did homemade brownies and DD coffee and donuts the next day (my husband picked that up and brought it) ...I was there for five days because I had a c-section and barely used anything that I brought next baby I will be packing much lighter!

Kate @ Daffodils said...

My hospital bag has gotten smaller and smaller with each baby! Some suggestions:

Entertainment for during labor! There is a lot of sitting around doing nothing but waiting. With B we brought a new series on DVD because it helped pass a lot of time and was an easy way to zone out. Music/speakers/laptop was nice to have too.

Your own pillow/blanket

Snacks

A casual outfit that isnt a night gown to wear to take a little walk through the hospital just to get out of your room.

Mini bottle of wine ;) (no, really, we brought this with us and totally celebrated)

I can't believe he will be here so soon!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Oh..my...goodness! That polka dotted Easter Bucket is adorable!

Hannah said...

You look so cute! ...makes me miss being preggers. This is our first Easter with a wee one and I am so excited! It will be so fun making an Easter basket for him, even though he will only be two months old.