Friday, January 6, 2017

Welcome 2017 + Winter Weekend Food

Well this week just flew on by, am I right? We had a wonderful long, stretch of the holiday season spanning from several days before Christmas to New Years Day, and then boom! Back to normal, and a week just flies by. We all did ok adjusting after the long break {Wednesday felt like a total Monday, actually} but I can't say that I am sad to see the weekend here again!


I am excited for a New Year and a fresh start...sometimes I get those feelings at the beginning of a new year, it and sometimes I don't. What about you? So, it is fun to be looking forward to the year to come! 2016 brought us many, many blessings but not with out some hard times as well. Having the year ahead of us gives me lots of hope and goals to meet that I am going to try for. Hopefully I will get around to sharing some of those here on the blog in the next few weeks!

We are in the South and like most every other southerner, glued to the weather report for this weekends winter forecast! It looks like we won't end up getting much at all, but that didn't stop me from getting a winter menu planned out for the weekend.

I've already put Natalie's White Chicken Chili together for tonight and I'm super excited. We are big White Chicken Chili fans and although I already have several go-to's I enjoy trying a new one as well! I love her idea to serve with Cornbread Croutons, a fun twist!


I am also throwing a pork loin in the crockpot tomorrow to make April's Pulled Pork salad. Y'all this salad is insane! It is so incredibly easy too, you will think you missed a step. It has been a big hit in our house each time I have made it for different crowds. The leftovers are fantastic for making tacos for lunch, nachos, and Weeks enjoyed them too. Love, love!


Last but not least, this may be Sunday's dinner - My Chicken Meatballs. I haven't made them in a while and I am so ready for my fix! If you haven't tried them, a cold winter weekend is the perfect time to whip up a batch!


Stay warm this weekend!!



4 comments:

Owen Davis @ Davis Duo said...

YUM all this food looks sooo delicious! I hope you guys had a great Christmas and New Years! I don't know about you, but after Christmas I am 100% ready for beach weather!

KatiePerk said...

All of these look fabulous! Stay warm!!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Oh the chili looks amazing!! And those meatballs would be a hit in my home.

Tess said...

you're pictures are awesome!! I love Natalie's white chicken chili too and I make it every other week in the winter!