Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Recipe: Panera Copycat Tomato Soup + Homemade Croutons

Usually I don't do two food posts in a row but this one was a definite keeper from last night! I love a good tomato soup with grilled cheese in the winter- it is one of my absolute favorites. This is a breeze to put together, making it even better! 



1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
1 tbsp crushed garlic
1 14 oz can chicken broth {or 2 cups}
2 Tbsp sugar
⅓ cup butter
1 cup heavy cream
15-20 Basil leaves, chopped


1. Combine the tomatoes, broth, and garlic bring to a boil and let boil for 10 minutes.
2. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the sugar and butter and mix until they are dissolved, melted and well combined.
3. Very slowly pour in the heavy cream while simultaneously stirring until all the cream is combined and the soup is creamy. Make sure you pour slow and mix each time!
4. Stir in the basil.
5. Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese and homemade croutons {recipe below}.

My special touch is that I add homemade "croutons" to the top of our tomato soup. For these, all I do is take whatever bread we have on hand {preferably fresh made bread from the bakery, not your typical white sandwich bread} and chop it up into crouton size pieces. I sprayed them lightly with Pam, threw them in the pan next to the grilled cheese with a tad bit of butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Just get them lightly toasted on all sides and they are delicious! Last night I used ciabatta bread and they were fantastic!

As you can see I made three different types of grilled cheese last night, for three different tastes. I sprung for ciabatta, Stephen with the white wheat sandwich bread, and my Dad joined us as well with sourdough. I used a combo of sharp cheddar and baby swiss and they were sooo good.



Enjoy!!

5 comments:

Rachael Alexis said...

Holy wow, this looks delicious. It was 65 degrees in Cleveland today, but I will be saving this for a cozy day soon.

Tess said...

Okkkkkk I need to make this straightaway!!!

Anonymous said...

I actually was told otherwise that the herpes can not be treated and that there is no way to make it go away once you have it. But I decided to do my own research and found out it is possible to fight it .. I got a lot of information about it here in forums and online, I got Dr Ogala contact on a group were a man from Cordova was sharing his testimony of how he cured him of herpes so I decided to give him a try I emailed him through drogala03@gmail.com. he called me to know if I actually wanted the cured after which the cure was sent to me a few days later I was surprised when the same doctor who told me that I was diagnosed of herpes told me that I was completely free from herpes you can reach him through his email drogala03@gmail.com. or through his WhatsApp +2347049668119 if you are diagnosed and also wanna be free from this deadly virus because he is really gonna be of help to you,

Anonymous said...

Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. 

Unknown said...

Am here to testify what this great spell caster done for me. i never believe in spell casting, until when i was was tempted to try it. i and my wife have been having a lot of problem living together, she will always not make me happy because she have fallen in love with another man outside our relationship, i tried my best to make sure that my wife leave this woman but the more i talk to her the more she makes me fell sad, so my marriage is now leading to divorce because she no longer gives me attention. so with all this pain and agony, i decided to contact this spell caster to see if things can work out between me and my wife again. this spell caster who was a man told me that my wife is really under a great spell that she have been charm by some magic, so he told me that he was going to make all things normal back. he did the spell on my wife and after 5 days my wife changed completely she even apologize with the way she treated me that she was not her self, i really thank this man his name is Dr ose he have bring back my wife back to me i want you all to contact him who are having any problem related to marriage issue and relationship problem he will solve it for you. his email is oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com  he is a man and his  great. wish you good time.
He cast spells for different purposes like
(1) If you want your ex back.
(2) if you always have bad dream
(3) You want to be promoted in your office.
(4) You want women/men to run after you.
(5) If you want a child.
(6) You want to be rich.
(7) You want to tie your husband/wife to be yours forever.
(8) If you need financial assistance.
(9) HIV/AIDS CURE
(10) is the only answer to that your problem of winning the lottery

Contact him today on oseremenspelltemple @ gmail . com